Your mornings just got better with these healthyish avocado waffles. Loaded with avocado, coconut oil, buttermilk and some dark chocolate chips for decadence, you will want this for breakfast every morning!!!
We need a break from all the Instant Pot and meal prep recipes.
Yes, it's Mother's Day this Sunday. And we need all the breakfast recipes that we can get our hands on.
Moms love avocados. And Chocolate. And hot buttermilk waffles that are crisp on the outside yet light on the inside.
A tall stack of them drizzled with golden maple syrup with fresh berries is sure to impress any mom.
Total win-win-win here!!! Perfect Mother's day recipe or just any weekend.
This is a slight modification to Chocolate chip avocado waffles which includes almond flour. A delicious and healthy addition.
But, these healthyish avocado waffles are made with all - all purpose flour, since it is readily available in every home pantry.
All purpose flour tends to make any waffle a touch on the heavy side. So, I resorted to a tried and tested technique of whipping the egg whites separately and then folding into the batter.
Avocado and coconut oil for healthy fats and richness.
Chocolate chips are not optional. Because avocado and chocolate is made for each other!
More waffles recipes:
Healthyish Avocado Waffles
- ¼ cup mashed ripe avocado, about ½ medium
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to warm
- 1 and ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, large, room temperature, yolk and white separated,
- 1 egg white, large, room temperature
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacture’s instructions.
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together avocado, coconut oil, buttermilk and one egg yolk, until thoroughly mixed. Pour mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk gently until just combined (DO NOT OVER MIX). Set aside until you beat the egg whites.
- Place both egg whites into another medium bowl, beat with a hand held electric beater in high speed, until stiff peaks form (about 1 minute). Transfer this beaten egg white into the waffle batter, whisk gently until well mixed. Add chocolate chips and mix again (DO NOT OVER MIX). .
- To make waffles, spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray, and pour about ⅓ cup batter for each waffle. Cover and cook for 5 minutes (or according to your waffle iron instructions), until deep golden. Tranfer waffles onto a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.