This DIY Protein snack box is filled with boiled eggs, cheese, almonds, edamame and grape tomatoes. An easy and healthy bento snack box that is perfect for school lunch, post workout snacks or just about anytime hunger strikes.
When it comes to meal prep recipes, our family loves snack bento boxes.
- Perfect for school lunch - Kids love an assortment of snackable meals when compared to just one main dish
- Post workout snacking or school sports
- Simple work lunch
- Healthier option ready-to-eat in the fridge when hunger strikes
- Looks P-R-E-T-T-Y
Fast and easy lunch box recipe ideas are such a time saver on busy weekday mornings.
Let us get to the team players in this DIY protein snack box:
- Boiled eggs
How to customize a protein bento box?
- Meat - Boiled eggs or Deli turkey/chicken/ham or chopped rotisserie chicken
- Nuts - Raw or roasted almonds / Cashews / Mixed Nuts
- Cheese - White or yellow cheddar / string cheese / Colby Jack / Mozzarella
- Edamame - Cooked edamame / Garbanzo beans / kidney beans
- Tomato - Grape or cherry tomatoes / snap peas / grapes / orange segments / apple slices
DIY Protein Snack Box Meal Prep
- 4 to 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 cup almonds (raw or toasted)
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese ( I used white cheddar)
- 3 cups cooked edamame in shells
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- Divide all ingredients into 4 meal prep containers and store in refrigerator for up to 4 days. ( I cut eggs in half for photography purposes, leave them whole when storing in the refrigerator)
Customize DIY Protein snack boxMake it vegetarian - Omit eggs and replace with hummus / peanut butter/ almond butter and crackers. Add your favorite cheese - Yellow cheddar, Colby jack, string cheese Replace edamame with cooked chickpeas / kidney beans
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.