Spicy chicken ranch quesadillas are made with Mexican spiced chicken, ranch dressing and two types of cheeses. Chicken ranch quesadillas are cheesy, spicy, and packed with flavor. Enjoy them hot with pico de gallo or meal prep quesadilla for a school/work lunch.
Simple, quick, easy, tangy, cheesy, spicy.
Quesadillas lunches are pretty much a winner with my kids. Anything cheesy for that matter! Can ya blame them?
I've hesitated sharing a quesadilla recipe for long...because it's so basic and does not really need a post.
Ain't this one!
This spicy chicken ranch quesadilla is
- 4 ingredient filling
This spicy ranch chicken quesadilla begins with this Mexican Spiced Chicken <--- 2 ingredient chicken cooked in a skillet
One of the ingredients is this super flavorful Homemade Chicken Taco Seasoning. So much better than any store bought taco seasonings out there.
The team players in this Quesadilla meal prep:
- Mexican Spiced Chicken
- Ranch dressing
- Pepper jack cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Flour tortilla
- Pico de gallo
All flavorful ingredients makes one flavorful chicken ranch quesadilla recipe!
How to make spicy chicken quesadilla?
Step-1: Make spicy Mexican chicken. Cool and chop into bite size pieces (refer pictures above). Chicken can be made ahead, cooled, chopped and stored in refrigerator or even frozen for a quick lunch quesadilla.
Step-2: Stir chopped chicken, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese and ranch dressing together in a bowl (refer pictures below)
Step-3: Spread filling evenly inside flour tortillas and cook in a greased cast iron skillet, until golden on both sides
Done and DONE.
The spicy chicken ranch quesadilla comes together in no time if you have the Spicy Mexican Chicken ready to go in the refrigerator. It can be used to make
- Topped over salads
- Rice bowl with Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice, avocado, salsa, cilantro, and sliced jalapeño
- Made into a burrito
- Spicy grilled cheese
- Do not chop and serve 'em as a sandwich with a chipotle mayo, lettuce, onion and tomato.
4-ingredient Salsa Chickpeas <--- Another easy, spicy, healthy vegetarian spicy lunch idea
Top spicy chicken ranch quesadilla with homemade or store bought pico de gallo. The fresh spicy, tangy pico de gallo goes well with these spicy chicken quesadillas.
How to pack quesadilla for lunch?
- Cook Mexican Spiced Chicken, cool, chop and store in a covered container.
- Make pico de gallo or use store bought and portion into jello shot containers. Store in refrigerator.
- Mix filling and make quesadillas, just before eating.
- If packing for lunch, place cooked quesadillas on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and packing. This will help them not get soggy in the lunch box.
How to meal prep quesadilla:
- Make chicken quesadilla spicy and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Pack into meal prep containers and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat - Place a cast iron pan or a non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook spicy quesadilla chicken on both sides, until the crust is crispy and the filling is heated through <--- Best method to obtain non-soggy quesadilla
- However - if you do not have access to stove top, then simply microwave spicy chicken ranch quesadilla at 30 second intervals, until heated through.
More delicious Mexican recipes:
6-Minutes, 4-Ingredient Salsa Chickpeas - Weeknight dinner cannot get easier than this!!! 6-minutes 4-ingredient salsa chickpeas comes together in one skillet and is fabulous served with white rice, avocado, sliced jalapeño peppers and chopped cilantro. Great one for meal prep. Healthy vegan Mexican recipe for the win!
Chickpea Taco Meal Prep Bowls - Healthy, easy, quick chickpea taco meal prep bowls that is nothing short of delicious. An amazing combination of tacos chickpeas,tangy pico de gallo, sweet corn, shredded cheddar, spicy jalapenos and creamy avocado slices – all piled on a bed of white or brown rice. Meal prep for the week or make it for dinner!!!
Avocado Jalapeno Crema - Creamy avocado jalapeno crema is a perfect topping for tacos, nachos, quesadillas, fajitas, burrito bowls or just about anything that you wish to add some deliciousness. Terrific as a dip for chips too!
Chicken Burrito Bowl Meal Prep - Chicken burrito bowl meal prep are perfect for planning weekday lunches (or dinner) ahead. Loaded with flavor this chicken burrito bowl recipe is healthy and amazingly delicious!
Spicy Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice with Black Beans and corn - This Spicy instant pot cilantro lime rice with black beans and corn is a delicious variation to the classic cilantro lime rice. This is great as is with some guac, cheese and sour cream or an accompaniment to all your Mexican meals.
Spicy Chicken Ranch Quesadillas + Meal Prep
- 2 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 2 cups chopped Mexican spiced chicken
- 3 tablepsoons ranch dressing
- ¾ cup grated pepper jack cheese, could use monterey jack
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup pico de gallo (homemade or store bought), refer notes
- Toss chicken and ranch dressing in a bowl.
- Divide the filling between the tortillas, covering half the surface. Divide both cheeses evenly over the filling. Fold in half and press down.
- Heat a medium non-stick over medium-high heat and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Gently transfer one quesadilla onto the hot skillet. Cook until golden brown on both sides (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from pan and place on a wire rack.
- Repeat process with remaining quesadilla. If not serving immediately, let quesadillas cool on a wire rack (this will prevent it from getting soggy) and pack into lunch boxes. Serve with pico de gallo.
To meal prep
- Make chicken quesadilla spicy and let cool completely on a wire rack. Pack into meal prep containers and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat - Place a cast iron pan or a non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook spicy quesadilla chicken on both sides, until the crust is crispy and the filling is heated through <--- Best method to obtain non-soggy quesadillaHowever, if you do not have access to stove top, then simply microwave spicy chicken ranch quesadilla at 30 second intervals, until heated through.
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.