Healthiest Date and Almond Candy
Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, no-cook, no-bake and most importantly totally guilt-free healthiest date and almond candy are sweet and chewy with a bit of crunch. Hands down the healthiest candy that you will eat this holiday season!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 20 candy
- 11 large Medjool dates, pitted, refer notes
- 1/4 cup almond butter, exact measure
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, room temperature, refer notes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Add dates, almond butter and coconut oil into a food processor. Process until it begins to gather together (scrape processor 2 times in between). You will oil beginning to seperate ---> perfect texture.
Add sliced almonds and process for just about 5-10 seconds (scraping sides once in between) for the almonds to incorporate. We want most of the almonds to remain as is, since it adds lovely texture to the candy.
Remove the blade and stir with a spoon to make into one mass. Dump on a piece of parchment paper and place another parchment paper on top, roll gently to make a 5x5 inch square (just an apprimate). Transfer onto a plate along with the parchment and refrigerate overnight to firm up. EAT CANDY COLD!Important note - Try not using your hands when working at this step, since the warmth from your hands will extract more oils. Cut into 20 squares, wrap each into a piece of parchment paper, twist ends and refrigerate. Alternatively, cut squares can be placed in any covered container in the refrigerator to snack anytime.
1. If using Noor variety, then use 25 dates (pitted) instead.
2. Use solid coconut oil! Since we are in the middle of December, my room temperature coconut oil was at a solid state. If it is a warmer part of the year or if you live in a hotter place and your coconut oil is liquidy, then chill in the refrigerator for few hours ahead to solidify before using. Why is this step important? When the date and almond butter mixture is processed well, the oils from the almond butter and coconut oil will seperate. Solid coconut oil will keep that to a minimum.
3. Skip wrapping - Cut healthiest date and almond candy can be stored as is in a covered container in the refrigerator.