An easy sweet potato muffins recipe! Sweet potatoes are grated into the batter, making this sweet potato bread or muffins an easy, quick baked treat that is so incredibly soft as a bread or muffins. Great for breakfast or a snack.
You guys, this easy sweet potato muffins recipe (or bread) is the BEST!!!
Incredibly soft and so delicious.
I have a thing for sweet potatoes, I’d devour it anyway I can, so does my family <— happy mama.
I made a Moist sweet potato spice muffins and it has been a favorite in our home ever since. All those spices makes them a perfect Fall candidate. So, I came up with a simpler version that can be enjoyed all year long.
I always have a stash of these in freezer, great as a snack in school lunch box.
The amazing part of this particular recipe – It does’t require cooked sweet potatoes. So, it is ready to go when your craving strikes – a quick sweet potato muffin indeed.
No planning needed or hoping for some leftover mashed sweet potatoes to make these. Just peel and grate a fresh sweet potato and you are off to the races.
Simply whisk all dry ingredients. Whisk wet ingredients and then combine both. Stir in grated sweet potatoes. Transfer to the baking pan, sprinkle pecans and bake. Easy as that.
Amazingly Soft Sweet Potato Bread or Muffins
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup golden or light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups coarsely grated sweet potato, refer notes
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F. To make bread, grease a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. To make muffins, line a standard muffin pan with 10 cup cake liners.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Lightly whisk eggs in a another large bowl and then add brown sugar, greek yogurt and vegetable oil, whisk until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and whisk to just combine. Switch to a rubber spatula or a large spoon and mix in grated sweet potatoes.
- If making muffins - spoon batter evenly between prepared muffin cups, sprinkle chopped pecans on top and bake for about 25 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes clean). If making bread - spoon batter evenly in the prepared loaf pan, spread evenly, smooth top, sprinkle chopped pecans on top and bake for 40-45 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes clean).
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.