Frozen fish sticks, ripe avocado, green or purple cabbage, red onion, jalapeño pepper, cilantro all wrapped in charred corn tortillas and served with an amazing creamy Sriracha sauce. These easy fish tacos with frozen fish sticks is the easiest weeknight dinner or lunch!
Crispy baked fish sticks straight from the frozen aisle, creamy ripe buttery avocado, crispy green or purple cabbage, spicy jalapeño, fresh cilantro, sweet spicy red onions, charred corn tortilla with an ADDICTING creamy, spicy and tangy Sriracha sauce!
It all comes together in the time it takes to bake those frozen fish sticks.
We are talking
- weeknight dinner
- quick lunch
- meal prep
- fancy enough for company
But, there are many days that I just need something quick for lunch or dinner that takes little or no effort.
Freezer to the rescue! Frozen fish sticks, chicken nuggets, Baked Chicken meatballs with Cauliflower and Carrot, Cheesy Oat Bites or this Homemade Corn Dog Bites.
When my children were young, chicken nuggets with ketchup or fish sticks with some tarter sauce used to be huge hits. Now that they are well into their teens, they enjoy meals that are packed with chock-full of flavor. YAY!
Now, let us get to the nutty gritty of this easy fish tacos with frozen fish sticks.
The team players:
- Baked frozen fish sticks
- Corn tortillas, charred
- Sliced avocado
- Shredded green or purple cabbage
- Sliced jalapeño
- Sliced Red Onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Creamy Sriracha sauce
Crispy, Spicy, Tangy, Creamy, Crunchy!!!
How to make easy fish tacos?
Step-1: Bake Fish sticks according to package instructions.
Step-2:While the fish is baking you prep all the other ingredients, so when the fish comes out of the oven, you have dinner/lunch ready.
Step-3 : Make creamy Sriracha sauce – just stir all ingredients together. Add Sriracha according to your taste and adjust accordingly.
Step-4: Char corn tortillas. Place a tortilla over open flame on your gas stove until it begins to blister on one side, turn over and cook on other side. Keep charred tortillas wrapped in a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
Step-5: Chop cabbage, cilantro, red onion and jalapeño. Hold on to prepping avocado until serving time.
Step-6: Eat. Place 2 fish sticks in each tortilla, followed by some shredded cabbage, red onion, avocado, jalapeño, cilantro and generous drizzle of the creamy Sriracha sauce.
How to char tortillas in electric stove?
Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat and let it get very hot. Place a tortilla on the skillet and turn over when it feels warm to the touch, turn over and let warm for a few seconds and quickly keep them wrapped in a clean kitchen towel.
How to pack Easy Fish Tacos for lunch?
Place baked and cooled fish sticks, topping into a lunch box. Wrap warm tortillas in foil and place on the side along with creamy Sriracha sauce in small jello shot containers.
More easy weeknight dinner ideas:
Leftover Pasta Pizza – An amazing use for any leftover pasta with tomato sauce. Leftover pasta pizza is so simple yet impressive for a quick weeknight dinner or lunch and no one will mind eating leftovers!
Spicy Chicken Ranch Quesadillas – Spicy chicken ranch quesadillas that are cheesy, spicy and are delicious topped with pico de gallo.
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta – This Instant Pot chicken parmesan pasta recipe is an easy weeknight dinner recipe. All the flavors of classic chicken parmesan made into a one pot, comforting meal. Easiest clean up!
Cucumber Sandwiches – Prep your lunch boxes for the week with this easy cucumber sandwiches. Made with a flavorful minty, lemony butter-mayo mixture and a hint of jalapeño pepper, this cucumber sandwiches meal prep are perfect for school lunch or snack.
Easy Fish tacos with Frozen Fish Sticks
- 16 frozen fish sticks
- 8 medium corn tortillas
Easy Fish Taco toppings
- 2 cups shredded green or purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Bake frozen fish sticks according to package instructions. While the fish is baking - prep fish taco toppings, char tortillas and make creamy Sriracha sauce.
- Hold tortilla with a tong and place over open flame on your stove top, until the edges begin to blister. Turn over and repeat. Keep charred tortillas wrapped in a kitchen towel until serving time. How to char tortillas in electric stove? Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat and let it get very hot. Place a tortilla on the skillet and turn over when it feels warm to the touch, turn over and let warm for a few seconds and quickly keep them wrapped in a clean kitchen towel.
Make Creamy Sriracha Sauce
- Stir all creamy Sriracha ingredients together and store in refrigerator, until serving time. If using greek yogurt, then stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons water to get the sauce to the right consistency.
To serve easy fish tacos with frozen fish sticks
- Place two fish sticks on each tortilla followed by toppings and a generous drizzle of creamy Sriracha sauce. Serve with lime wedges on the side.