Cranberry Almond Croissants are a fruity variation to the popular almond croissants. Flaky golden croissants are brushed with a cranberry simple syrup and filled and topped with a creamy almond filling, cranberries and sliced almonds. A delicious bakery style treat at made at home to be enjoyed with coffee or just a snack.
It is a Croissant kinda day!!!
Not just a buttery, flaky croissant. But made 100 times better!!!
A croissant filled with creamy almond filling that is out of the world delicious from your favorite bakery or coffee house. We just made it fruity, with beautiful , plump, ripe, sweet and tart frozen cranberries, So, these can be enjoyed year round.
Cranberry Almond Croissant for the win!!!!
More recipe ideas with leftover croissants:
Now that all of us are craving for our favorite restaurant meals or coffee house treats more than ever, we are a mission to provide you inspiration in making take out recipes at home especially sweet recipes that offer comfort!
Some of our favorite take out recipes include:
or more here —-> 30 Take Out Recipes you can make at Home
Now, switching gears to your new favorite croissant recipe (trust me, it is gonna become one)
Let us look at the team players:
Croissants – We are taking the shortcut and working with store bought croissants.
Cranberries – Traditional almond croissants are brushed with a simple syrup made with sugar or honey. But, we make a cranberry simple syrup infused with orange for a knock you sock of cranberry almond croissant.
Almond cream – Butter, sugar, egg, almond flour and a touch of all purpose flour are used.
Sliced almonds – For a decorative finish and a touch of crunch.
How to make almond croissants?
Step-1: Make cranberry simple syrup – Cook cranberries, sugar, water and orange peel, just until the sugar is dissolved. Cool and strain cranberries.
Step-2: Make almond filling – Cream butter, sugar and egg with a hand held electric beater. Beat in almond flour and all purpose flour.
Step-3: Fill croissants-
1.Split croissants in half
2.Brush the insides (both top and bottom) with cranberry simple syrup
3. Spread about 2 tablespoons almond filling on the bottom
4. Place few of the reserved cranberries
5. Close, brush the top again with cranberry syrup followed by 1 tablespoon of almond filling and sliced almonds.
6. Bake 350°F until golden.
Done and DONE!!!
A crusty, chewy, flaky, sweet with a burst of tart Cranberry Almond Croissant!!!!
Few notes on making almond croissant:
Cranberries – I used frozen cranberries, but fresh can be used during season.
Almond flour – Almond flour is finely ground blanched almonds. It can be easily found in all major grocery stores or Amazon. Make sure you use “Super Fine” for the recipe
Croissants – Day old croissants are great.
More recipes using almond flour:
Cranberry Almond Croissant
Cranberry simple syrup
- 2 cups Cape Cod Select premium frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 strips orange peel, just the outer orange part
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 pinches salt, if using unsalted butter
- 6 croissants, medium
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds
To make Cranberry Simple Syrup
- Add all cranberry simple syrup ingredients ( frozen cranberries, sugar, water and orange peel) into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and let cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. (Cooking any longer will begin to breakdown the cranberries) Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Strain syrup and reserve cranberries (discard orange peel). The syrup and cranberries can be made ahead, stored in two different containers and refrigerated for up to two days.
To make Almond filling
- Add butter, sugar and egg into a medium bowl and beat with a hand held electric mixer for 2 minutes, until creamy. Beat in the almond flour and all purpose flour, until just combined. Almond filling can be made ahead, stored in a covered container for up to two days. Bring to room temperature before using.
To make Cranberry Almond Croissants
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the croissants in half vertically, making sure not to cut all the way through. Using a pastry brush, brush the insides with cranberry simple syrup (both top and bottom). Using a spoon spread about 2 tablespoons of almond filling on the bottom half of each croissant. Place few of the reserved cranberries evenly over the filling and close the croissants.
- Brush a thin coating of the cranberry simple syrup over the top of the croissant, followed by 1 tablespoon of the almond filling. Sprinkle some sliced almonds on top.Repeat process with remaining croissants and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 24 minutes, until the tops are golden in color. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Dust with confectioners sugar, if desired.
- Enjoy croissants warm or room temperature.
This Blog Post is my contribution for The CAPE COD SELECT
BLOGGER RECIPE CHALLENGE
Store Locator – https://www.capecodselect.com/store-locator/
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.