Baked persimmons with honey, walnuts and rosemary and gooey melted brie on top! An easy and elegant appetizer for the holiday parties.
Nothing is more luxurious than hot melted cheese!! What if that cheese is melted over sweet fruit and honey? YUMMO
Sweet, salty, hot, fruity and a bit of crunch!! This dish is incredible easy and is sure to impress your guests. You really don't need a written recipe - place some very ripe persimmons in a pan, sprinkle chopped rosemary and walnuts and then drizzle honey on top. Bake for the fruit to soften and then top with brie and let melt. Inspiration for this recipe is from Baked brie with honeyed apricots from America's Test Kitchen.
-very ripe persimmons are perfect! Fuyu or Hachiya will work
-baking time for the persimmons depends on the ripeness of your fruit. Riper fruit wouldn't take as much to time to soften when compared to firmer ones.
If you love persimmons like me, then check out Persimmon Bread
baked persimmon brie
- 4 ripe persimmons, peeled and sliced or chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- ½ pound brie, triple cream
- 1 baguette, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Have a 9-inch oven safe pan ready.
- Arrange cut persimmons in the pan, sprinkle rosemary and walnuts and then drizzle 2 tablespoons honey evenly over the persimmons. Bake for 15-25 minutes, until the fruit is soft. Remove pan from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- Cut the rind off the brie and cut into big chunks and place on top of the persimmon. Bake for 3-6 minutes, until cheese melts. Drizzle leftover honey on top. Serve after 5 minutes with baguette slices.
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.