Really good naanwich that is made with leftover tandoori chicken and cashew mint chutney.
Sandwiching in desi style!!!
A grilled cheese that does not look anything like your everyday grilled cheese.
Naanwich, as I'm calling them start with a naan ( store-bought for convenience), layered with chopped tandoori chicken, cashew-mint-chutney-mayo-thingy, spicy pepper jack (why not?) and creamy mozzarella.
Now, you could use leftover naan, tandoori chicken and mint chutney from your takeout.
OR make a double batch of tandoori chicken <--- perfect every time. This is seriously the best recipe ever!!! I've made it thousands of times and it's a huge hit every time. The best part of this recipe is that, it is incredibly easy
- stir marinade ingredients together
- toss chicken
- let it hang out in the fridge
- Broil in the oven or grill.
Ain't easy? I told ya!
Now, you have your amazing tandoori chicken, chilling in a tupperware.
Aaand, make a HUGE batch of this Cashew mint chutney (Stores well in the freezer. Spoon leftover chutney into empty ice cube trays, freeze until solid, pop them out and place into a zip lock bag, seal and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw one or two or more depending on your requirement. Did I tell you that a spoonful of this will wake up your chicken / egg salad).
This naan sandwich is as easy as any grilled cheese
- spread some cashew-mint-mayo-spread on a naan
- top off with chopped tandoori chicken
- some red onion slices
- grated pepper jack and mozzarella
- close with another naan
- cook like a grilled cheese on both sides, until cheese melts.
Tandoori Chicken Naanwich
- Stir cashew mint chutney and mayonnaise together in a bowl and set aside.
If using mini naans,
- Place 3 mini naans on the kitchen counter, spread ⅓rd mint-mayo mixture, top with ⅓rd chicken, red onion slivers (if using), ⅓rd pepper jack cheese and ⅓rd mozzarella cheese on each naan. Top with remaining 3 naans.
If using medium naans,
- Place 2 medium naans on the kitchen counter, spread half mint-mayo mixture, top with half chicken, red onion slivers (if using), half pepper jack cheese and half mozzarella cheese on each naan.Close naanwich with the remaining 2 naans.
To cook naanwich,
- Heat a large skillet (that can fit all naanwiches in a single layer) over low- medium heat. When moderately hot, gently transfer naans to the hot skillet and cook until golden on both sides (at least 5 minutes total, for the cheese to melt). Cut into wedges and serve hot
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.