Gooey in the middle, crunchy around the edges, a tangy cheesecake filling, sweet chocolate chip cookie and finished off with a generous sprinkling of coarse sea salt. This cheesecake stuffed chocolate chip skillet cookie takes indulgence to the next level!!
One delicious mashup!
Is there anything better than a warm, hot-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookie? Better yet, if it is layered with cheesecake filling.
Here's a cheesecake stuffed chocolate chip skillet cookie recap -
- Crunchy around the edges
- Gooey in the middle
- Sweet chocolate chip cookie with strong caramel notes
- Tangy cheesecake filling that is just enough to contrast the sweetness
- A generous sprinkling of sea salt
Here's how this is going down.
- Make chocolate chip cookie dough - cream butter, sugar and dark brown sugar followed by eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Then chocolate chips.
- Make cheesecake filling - cream cream cheese, egg white, sugar and vanilla.
- Layer in a skillet
- Sprinkle more chocolate chips and sea salt
If you are short on time but have a craving for a hot chocolate chip then I highly recommend checking out Chocolate chip cookie mug cake
Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Chocolate chip cookie layer
Additional ingredients to finish (optional)
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet with some butter or non-stick cooking spray.
Make chocolate chip cookie dough
- Whisk together all purpose flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Add butter and both sugars into a large bowl, beat with a hand held electric beater for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Beat for 30 seconds. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined (start low and build up to high). Do not over mix. Add ¾ cup chocolate chips and beat just until well distributed (or you could stir chocolate chips with a spoon. Set aside until you make the cheesecake layer.
Make cheesecake layer
- Wash and dry beaters.
- Add cream cheese, egg white, sugar and vanilla extract into a medium bowl. Beat with the hand held electric beater until light and fluffy (about 1 minute).
Assemble cheesecake stuffed chocolate chip skillet cookie
- Press half of the cookie dough evenly in the skillet to form a base. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the dough. Pinch chunks of remaining dough and scatter evenly over the cream cheese mixture ( don't worry if it doesn't look neat. The cookie dough will melt and smoothen while baking).
- Sprinkle additional semi sweet chocolate chips and sea salt on top, if desired.
- Bake cookie for about 35 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and firm to touch. Place skillet on a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature (Cut at room temperature to make neat wedges or serve warm with a spoon).
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.