These homemade parmesan cheese crackers are crisp, nutty, buttery and makes a great snack or serve with soups.
Kids love snacking – Sugary, salty, crispy, crunchy. Other favorite kid friendly bites include Parmesan bread bites, Mushrooms stuffed with Cream Cheese, BBQ chicken meatballs or homemade garlic knots.
This parmesan crackers taste very similar to the yellow, square cheese crackers that kids love. But, homemade. But, grown up kids enjoy them too.
Homemade Parmesan Crackers Recipe
- 4 easy steps
- Cut into any shape
- Made without eggs or ranch
- Perfect snacking
- Make ahead
Flour – Regular unbleached all purpose flour
Parmesan cheese – Pre shredded parm or grate fresh
Spices – Garlic powder, oregano and parsley
Dairy – Butter and milk
It is easily made in the food processor –
Step-1: Process flour, parmesan, salt, garlic powder, oregano and parsley for 15 seconds.
Step-2: Add chopped cold butter and process for 10 seconds, followed by milk and pulse to mix in.
Step-3: Shape into a smooth disc, roll and cut into squares.
Step-4: Bake at 375 degrees until golden in color.
Parmesan Cheese – We used pre shredded parmesan cheese from refrigerated section. Do not use the fake kind from the pasta isle.
Measure milk with a dry 1/4-cup measure to be very accurate.
Can I make these without food processor? If you do not own a food processor, then grind the dry ingredients in a blender to make a powder and then transfer into a large bowl. Mix chopped cold butter with your finger tips until thoroughly incorporated. Stir in milk with a spoon to form a dough.
More Holiday Recipes
- Mix in coarsely ground black pepper
- Use a mix of parm and shredded cheddar cheeses
- Switch up the herbs
- Add red pepper flakes for a spicy kick
How to serve cheese crackers?
- These are delicious plain as a snack.
- Serve with a delicious dip like beer cheese dip, spinach and artichoke dip, broccoli cheese dip, artichoke gruyere dip, spinach dip, tzatziki or smoked salmon dip.
- Serve with soups like Vegan tomato soup, Instant pot tomato soup or Tuscan shrimp soup
- If you are planning a cheeseboard, I hope you make these. You can cut into long 1-inch strips for a dramatic presentation.
How to store?
Garlic cheese Crackers can be stored in a air tight container at room temperature for 4 to 5 days.
- Baked Pita Chips
- Air Fryer Nachos
- Candied Pecans using Brown Sugar
- Lemon pepper chicken wings
- Garlic bread
- Garlic parm wings
- Shrimp Rolls
- Roasted cashews
Baked Homemade Parmesan Cheese Crackers
- 4 tablepsoons unsalted butter, cold, sliced
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- additional flour, for rolling the dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all dry ingredients into a food processor. Process for 15 seconds.
- Add sliced cold butter, process for 10 seconds.
- Add milk ( To be exact, measure milk with a 1/4-cup dry measuring cup instead of a liquid measuring cup). Process dough until it begins to gather together (about 20 seconds).
- Dump dough one the kitchen counter, gently give 2-3 kneads to make dough into a smooth, flat, square disc.
- Lightly dust the counter with some all purpose flour and roll dough (dust the top with some flour too) into a 12 X 12 inch square. Move dough often to ensure it does not stick to the counter and lightly dust with more flour if it starts sticking.
- Cut into 1 X 1 inch squares ( I used a ruler and pizza wheel). Transfer squares onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 1/2-inch apart (crackers will not expand while baking).
- Bake crackers (in the middle rack of the oven) for 23-26 minutes or until golden in color ( DON’T LET THEM TURN DARKER). Place pan on a wire rack to cool comleteely.
- Crackers can be stored in an airtight conrtiner for 3-4 days.
Recipe slightly modified from Parmesan cream crackers.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.