These Parmesan Crackers are crisp, nutty, buttery and makes a great snack or served with soups.
Baked homemade crackers are made without eggs or ranch and are perfect for snacking or served with cheese for the Holidays like these sesame breadsticks. They taste very similar to the yellow, square cheese crackers that kids love, but it's much more nuttier and it's a grown up version.
Can I Make Without A Food Processor?
If you do not own a food processor, then here is the method to make by hand -
- Grind the dry ingredients in a blender or any dry grinder to make a powder and then transfer into a large bowl.
- Mix chopped cold butter with your finger tips until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir in milk with a wooden spoon to form a dough.
Ingredients (Scroll down to the bottom of the post for full recipe)
- Flour - Regular unbleached all purpose flour
- Parmesan cheese - Pre shredded or freshly grated cheese
- Seasoning - Garlic powder, oregano, parsley and salt.
- Dairy - Unsalted butter and milk
- Parmesan Cheese - We used pre shredded parmesan cheese from refrigerated section. Do not use the fake kind from the pasta isle.
- Measure milk with a dry ¼-cup measure to be very accurate.
- Mix in coarsely ground black pepper
- Use a mix of parmesan and shredded cheddar cheeses
- Switch up the herbs and use thyme or rosemary
- Add red pepper flakes for a spicy kick
- Mix in white sesame seeds
HOW TO MAKE (Scroll down to the bottom of the post for full recipe)
It is a very easy recipe that can be made in your food processor.
- Process dry ingredients - Add flour, parmesan, salt, garlic powder, oregano and parsley into a food processor and process for 15 seconds.
- Finish dough - Add chopped cold butter and process for 10 seconds, followed by milk and pulse to mix in.
- Cut - Shape dough into a smooth disc, roll on a lightly floured surface and cut into 1-inch squares or rectangles and place then on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake - Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven until golden in color.
Store them in an air tight container at room temperature for 4 to 5 days.
How to Serve?
- These are delicious plain as a snack.
- Serve with a dips like beer cheese dip, spinach and artichoke dip, buffalo chicken dip, broccoli cheese dip, artichoke gruyere dip, spinach dip, tzatziki or smoked salmon dip.
- Serve with soups like Vegan tomato soup, Instant pot tomato soup or Tuscan shrimp soup
- If you are planning a cheeseboard, I hope you make these. You can cut into long 1-inch strips for a dramatic presentation.
More Snack Recipes for Holidays
- 4 tablepsoons unsalted butter, cold, sliced
- ¼ cup whole milk
- additional flour, for rolling the dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all dry ingredients into a food processor. Process for 15 seconds.
- Add sliced cold butter, process for 10 seconds.
- Add milk ( To be exact, measure milk with a ¼-cup dry measuring cup instead of a liquid measuring cup). Process dough until it begins to gather together (about 20 seconds).
- Dump dough one the kitchen counter, gently give 2-3 kneads to make dough into a smooth, flat, square disc.
- Lightly dust the counter with some all purpose flour and roll dough (dust the top with some flour too) into a 12 X 12 inch square. Move dough often to ensure it does not stick to the counter and lightly dust with more flour if it starts sticking.
- Cut into 1 X 1 inch squares ( I used a ruler and pizza wheel). Transfer squares onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing about ½-inch apart (crackers will not expand while baking).
- Bake crackers (in the middle rack of the oven) for 23-26 minutes or until golden in color ( DON'T LET THEM TURN DARKER). Place pan on a wire rack to cool comleteely.
- Crackers can be stored in an airtight conrtiner for 3-4 days.
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Recipe slightly modified from Parmesan cream crackers.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.