Black Forest Cake Overnight Oats is a cool, refreshing breakfast on a hot summer morning! Chocolate overnight oats with cherries is a healthier take on the classic Black forest cake.
Cake for breakfast?
YASSS!!! And not any cake, it is THE BLACK FOREST CAKE.
What is Black forest cake?
Originating from the Black Forest region of Germany, this cake consists of layers of moist chocolate cake, layered with luscious whipped cream and maraschino cherries. It is rich, decadent, not overly sweet!
We take all those flavors and make an overnight oats but much healthier. So, you can indulge with no guilt. Yesss.
Why is this black forest gonna be your favorite breakfast all summer long?
- Cool and creamy
- No cooking involved
- Ready to go in the refrigerator
If you are not convinced eating black forest for breakfast, then just assume that this is chocolate overnight oats with cherry <---- Delicious way to enjoy Summer cherries. Not convinced yet? How about this Black Forest Mug Cake for a quick and easy dessert or Cherry Smoothie.
Overnight oats are so easy to prepare and fabulous for a go-to breakfast especially in summer! Better yet with some chocolate.
Let us compare each component of a traditional black forest cake and this healthy black forest cake:
Chocolate oats for Chocolate cake
- Old fashion oats, cocoa powder (for the chocolate flavor), maple syrup (for sweetener - natural and healthier alternative), milk (to soak the oats) and chia seeds (to add some additional thickness)
Maple yogurt for whipped cream
- Plain greek yogurt and natural maple syrup to sweeten, this healthy topping gives the look and feel of a layered black forest cake.
Fresh cherries for maraschino cherries is
- Fresh, sweet Bing cherries is the way go.
Let us get to the process of making this delicious black forest cake overnight oats:
Step-1: Stir together old fashion oats, chia seeds, cocoa powder, maple syrup and milk together in a mason jar or any other container. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Step-2: Stir together plain greek yogurt and maple syrup.
Step-3: Remove chocolate oats from refrigerator, give a good stir to redistribute ingredients. Top with maple yogurt and sliced fresh cherries.
Eat trying to get a bit of all three layers in each bite.
Black Forest Cake Overnight Oats
- 2 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 to 6 cherries (Bing), pitted and sliced
Make Chocolate Oats
- Add all chocolate oats ingredients together into a mason jar and stir well. Refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
Just before serving,
- Stir yogurt and maple syrup together to make maple yogurt (this can be made ahead and refrigerated as well)Stir refrigerated chocolate oats lightly, top with maple yogurt and then sliced cherries. Eat immediately, trying to get all three layers in every bite.
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.