Easy Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp is succulent shrimp that is flavorful, elegant, easy to make in under 12 minutes and so delicious! It is buttery, garlicky, lemony and with hint of spice.
Who does not love an easy weeknight dinner? Shrimp recipes are always one of go-to dinner on busy work days. They are always stocked in the freezer, thaws quick and cooks in a very short time!
Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp
- Ready in under 12 minutes
- Kid friendly
Butter - We used unsalted butter. If you are using salted butter then reduce the amount of salt.
Garlic - We use freshly grated garlic and garlic powder for a heavy garlic punch.
Parsley - Both fresh and dried.
Seasonings- Salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
Lemon juice - Freshly squeezed
Prepare shrimp - Peel and devein shrimp and patted dry. The tails can be left on or removed.
Marinade - Toss shrimp with freshly grated garlic, melted butter, dried parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Let marinade for about 5 to 10 minutes (if possible).
Cook - Cook shrimp in pre heated air fryer for 5 to 8 minutes (depending on the size).
Finish - Dump cooked shrimp into a bowl along with remaining butter, fresh parsley and lemon juice.
Shrimp size - We recommend using 21 to 25 count shrimp for this recipe. If using 31 to 40 count then reduce cooking time accordingly.
Cooking time -
For 21 to 25 count shrimp - cook at 400°F for 7 to 8 mins
For 31 to 40 count shrimp - cook at 400°F for 5 to 6 minutes
Don't overcrowd - I used 6 quart instapot vortex and 1 pound of shrimp was perfect without being overcrowded. If you are doubling the garlic butter shrimp in air fryer, then cook in two batches.
Tails - Tails can be kept intact or removed.
How to know if shrimp is done cooking?
Cooked shrimp changes to pink color with white opaque flesh and curls up when cooked. Overcooking shrimp makes it rubbery, so remove promptly when done.
Leftover shrimp can be refrigerated for 2 to 3 days. Reheat in microwave until heated through.
Serve this easy garlic butter shrimp as an appetizer or for dinner with your favorite rice dishes, simple pastas like Spaghetti aglio e olio or buttered noodles and with air fryer garlic bread or stuffed mushrooms for side dishes.
Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled, deveined and patted dry (tails intact or removed)
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3 large garlic cloves grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt I used ½ teaspoon
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Grated parmesan cheese optional
- Place shrimp and all other ingredients (except additional ingredients) in a bowl and stir well to combine. Let marinade for 5 to 10 mins at room temperature.
- Pre heat air fryer to 400° F for 8 minutes.
- When hot, place shrimp in a single layer (making sure to distribute any remaining garlic butter mixture in the bottom of the bowl on the shrimp).
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes ( It depends on the size of your shrimp - 21-25 count will take 7 to 8 minutes and smaller size will cook in about 6 minutes)
- When done, dump the cooked shrimp into a medium bowl along with all other additional ingredients and give a good toss. Sprinkle grated parmesan on top, if desired.
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Comment below or tag me on Instagram.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com