This Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake is like tasting a warm cookie made in just 90 seconds! It is light, fluffy and made without eggs.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake
All chocolate chip cookies need to be HOT!!! We have a serious love affair with mug cakes, especially the ones made with chocolate chips like this Banana Mug Cake.
They are a great option when you are craving something sweet but want something quick. How many times have you craved a warm chocolate chip cookie and reached for a store bought pack or worse, try to whip up a batch and have to wait for about an hour to eat one cookie? You get to enjoy a hot treat in about 2 minutes.
This tastes exactly like a chocolate chip cookie. No kidding. The key is in the melted butter and DARK brown sugar.
Use DARK BROWN SUGAR
The deep, complex molasses flavor of dark brown sugar is amazing. PLEASE DO NUT SUB WITH LIGHT/GOLDEN BROWN SUGAR (If you are a visual learner, then check out the video on youtube).
Why Is This is So Good?
- Tastes amazing - It is sweet with deep caramel notes and bits of melting dark chocolate. SO GOOD!
- Single serve - Portion control for the win like this Mocha Mug Cake or Chai Cake in a Mug.
- Eggless - As with all mug cake recipes, it is made without eggs.
- Made in under 2 minutes - It cooks in 90 seconds and about 30 seconds to make.
- Butter - Room temperature unsalted or salted butter.
- Flour - All purpose flour.
- Dark brown sugar - We HIGHLY RECOMMEND using dark brown sugar for its deep molasses flavor in this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips - Semi sweet or dark variety.
- Salt - A bit of salt elevates the taste.
- Milk - Whole milk, preferable
- Leavening - Baking powder
- Butter - Don't let the butter get too hot. Cook until just melted. If it gets hot, then let it cool down for about a minute before mixing in remaining ingredients.
- Use dark brown sugar - The deep molasses flavor in dark brown sugar make this cookie in a mug taste exactly like a warm decadent treat.
- Don't over mix - Like all baked goods over mixing develops gluten and makes a not-so-tender baked treat.
- Adjust salt if using salted butter.
- Enjoy Hot - As with all microwave recipes, it tends top get a little dry if eaten later. Hence, we recommend serving hot!
- Use room temperature butter - Cold butter takes longer to melt and the cup gets much hotter than needed. However, if you are using butter straight from the fridge, then proceed with the recipe and let mug (along with melted butter) cool slightly on the counter before mixing the remaining ingredients.
- Use Semi sweet chocolate - Bittersweet or unsweetened variety will compliment as well. Try staying away from milk variety as it make it too sweet.
- Don't skip salt - Finish the mug cake with a generous sprinkling of sea salt.
How To Make?
- Melt Butter - Add butter into a microwave cup and nuke until just melted (don't let it get too hot).
- Make Batter - Remove mug, add all other ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, DARK brown sugar and milk). Stir well with a fork and then mix in chips.
- Cook - Microwave for about 90 seconds. Top with more chips and finish with a pinch of sea salt.
How To Serve?
Enjoy hot with a glass of ice cold milk for the ultimate treat. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for a quick dessert.
More Mug Cake Recipes to Try:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake
- additional semi sweet chocolate chips
- additional salt
- Place butter in a large microwave safe coffee mug. Microwave until just melted (don't let get very hot) about 30- 60 seconds. (It melts faster in a wide mug and takes a bit longer in tall, narrow mug).
- Remove mug from microwave and add flour, dark brown sugar, milk, baking powder and salt. Stir well with a fork, until smooth. Stir in 2 ½ tablespoons chocolate chips.
- Microwave (on high) for 1 minute and 20 seconds for a wide mug (as shown in the picture) or 1 minute and 30 seconds for a tall, narrow mug. Cooking longer might make the cake drier!
- Remove from microwave, sprinkle more chocolate chips and salt.
- Eat chocolate chip cookie mug cake hot with a tall glass of cold milk! (This mug cake is intended to be enjoyed hot. As with butter based mug cake recipes, It tends to get a little dry as it sits)
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.