Turkey, apple and cheddar pinwheels are fabulous for lunch, snack or a party bite. Packed with deli turkey, spinach, apple slices, cheddar, dried cranberries, walnuts, dijon mustard and honey, these turkey pinwheels are the perfect Fall foods! Wrap them in foil for a school / work lunch or slice into pinwheels for an impressive holiday appetizer or snack.
Aren't these turkey pinwheels the cutest?
They are not only a feast for the eyes but also packed with flavor.
Sweet tart apples, chewy dried cranberries, walnuts, turkey, fresh spinach, cheddar and honey mustard <----So much goodness.
Why are these turkey apple and cheddar pinwheels a favorite around here ?
- Super flavorful
- No cook
- Easy to assemble
- Great as wraps or pinwheels
- Looks impressive
- Great for school/work lunch
- Bite size munchie for parties/get-togethers
- Snack anytime
Let us look at the ingredients to make these turkey wraps:
Flour tortilla - Wheat / spinach tortilla will be great as well
Turkey - thinly sliced deli turkey
Cheddar - Any type of shredded cheddar that you like
Spinach - Baby spinach or lettuce
Apple - Sliced thin for easy rolling
Dried cranberries - chopped
Walnuts - chopped
Mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and honey
How to make turkey pinwheels?
Step-1 : Stir mayo, mustard and honey together. Then chopped walnuts, dried cranberries and shredded cheddar along with it.
Step-2: Spread some of this mixture on a flour tortilla. Followed by sliced turkey, spinach and sliced apples.
Step-3: Roll tightly.
Step-4: Wrap or Slice
Done and DONE.
How to pack turkey apple and cheddar pinwheels for lunch box?
Make turkey rolls, wrap them with foil, seal edges and cut in half.
Alternatively, slice rolls into ¾ to 1 inch thick slices and insert a toothpick into each pinwheel to secure.
Pack wrap or pinwheel into lunch box along with fresh black grapes and strawberries (or any other seasonal fruits).
How to serve turkey pinwheels for entertaining?
Make turkey rolls, slice into ¾ to 1 inch thick slices and insert a toothpick into each pinwheel to secure.
Place on a serving platter.
How can I customize turkey cheddar pinwheels?
- Flour, wheat, whole wheat or spinach tortilla
- Lettuce instead of baby spinach
- Any kinda of cheddar - sharp/medium/mild
- Toasted pecans instead of walnuts
Tips and tricks to make the perfect turkey wraps:
- Slice apples as thin as possible. Thickly sliced apples are much harder to be rolled.
- The turkey pinwheels NEED to be secured with a tooth pick. Else, they will not stay together.
- Roll as tight as possible.
Turkey, Apple and Cheddar pinwheels
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 X 8-inch flour tortillas
- 12 to 18 slices thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1 to 2 handfuls baby spinach ( or lettuce)
- ½ large apple, cored and thinly sliced
Optional ingredients (for lunch box)
- tooth picks
- Stir together mayonnaise, dijon mustard and honey in a medium bowl. Add cheddar, dried cranberries and walnuts, stir until thoroughly combined.
- Place a tortilla on a work surface, spread about ⅓rd cheddar mixture. Top with turkey slices, spinach and sliced apples. Roll tightly and press gently to pack well.
- To serve as wraps: Wrap tightly with foil, seal edges and cut in half to serve. To serve as pinwheels: Slice rolls into ¾ to 1 inch thick slices. Secure each pinwheel with a tooth pick. Pack into lunch boxes.
Nutritional information is based on third party calculations, should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types, brands purchased, produce, the way ingredients are processed and more change the nutritional information in any recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Kelly @ Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats
I love the combo of turkey, cheese and apples! I’ve had it in panini form so I’ll totally have to try it in pinwheel form!!