Creamy Spicy Chickpea Salad is made with only 4 Ingredients – It is simple, tasty, made in 2 to 4 minutes, with a hint of sriracha sauce. Serve with toasts, cucumber slices or make into sandwiches or wraps.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases through our affiliate link. For more information read our Non-Disclosure Agreement.
This post was originally published on 01/30/2020 and modified on 02/22/22 to add more details. However, the recipe, images and video remain the same.
Spicy Chickpea Salad with Mayo
It is easy to make and comes together fast. It’s perfect for lunch since garbanzo beans are protein packed and leave you feeling satisfied for hours. A great recipe for kids (almost like tuna salad) and perfect for school lunch box (made in few minutes). All you need is a can of mashed chickpeas, sriracha sauce, mayo, scallion along with salt and pepper —> Can’t get easier than that!
Why is this a must try recipe?
- It is beyond easy to make. Drain, rinse and mash chickpeas, chop scallions and stir along with mayo, a dash of sriracha, salt and pepper.
- It is perfect made into sandwiches, lettuce wraps, tortillas wraps or simply served on top of toasts or cucumber slices.
- Great for meal prep
- Allergen friendly –> Vegetarian / Gluten Free / Dairy Free with option to make it vegan.
Chickpeas and Garbanzo beans
Both are the same thing and can be used interchangeably in any recipe. They are known as chickpeas in the US and Garbanzo beans in Europe. They are peach colored round legumes or seed pods and part of the pea family. They have a satisfying nutty flavor.
Are Chickpeas good for you?
They are a very healthy food and a perfect way to add plant based protein to salad. Packed with fiber, iron, zinc, phosphorous, B vitamins and may help with weight loss. They also help with blood sugar control since the starch is digested slowly.
Can this be made ahead?
Yes! This is a great candidate for meal prepping because it keeps really well for 2 to 3 days. However, this is such an easy garbanzo bean salad recipe that it can be made in 2 to 4 minutes.
Chickpeas – One can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
Mayo – Regular fat or reduced fat mayonnaise. Use vegan mayo to make a vegan tuna salad.
Sriracha – Increase quantity to make it more spicier.
Onion – Use chopped scallion or red onion
How to make?
Drain, rinse and pat dry garbanzo beans in a clean kitchen towel. Using a potato masher, mash coarsely (we need texture) and mix with chopped scallions, mayo, sriracha, salt and pepper—> easiest salad recipe!
How to serve?
- Serve with cucumber and grape tomatoes.
- Make a sandwich – Fill between two slices of wheat bread along with lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
- Make a wrap – Scoop on top of lettuce leaves —> Carb free
- Roll into a tortilla wrap – Spread on a whole wheat tortilla, top with shredded lettuce and tomatoes, roll and enjoy.
Love Sriracha sauce? More recipes using sriracha:
- Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Sheet pan Cauliflower
- Shrimp Rolls
- Coconut Curry Shrimp
- Firecracker Shrimp
- Bang Bang Cauliflower
More chickpea recipes to try
- Vegetarian Butter chicken
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Beetroot curry
- Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- Chickpea Burrito Bowls
Creamy Spicy Mashed Chickpea Salad with Mayo
- Drain chickpeas in a colander and run under faucet to rinse completely. Pat dry in a kitchen towel to remove all excess moisture.
- Add chickpeas into a large bowl and using a potato masher, mash coarsely (do not mash them completely).
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Eat right away or divide into meal prep containers with cucumber/ tomatoes and crackers and store in refrigerator.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on Instagram.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.