Super quick to put together, only 20 minutes from start to finish. Incredibly delicious and perfect for those busy weeknights.
I love shrimp dinners.
Always stocked in the freezer, shrimp thaws super quick and cooks in no time.
The words I can think of when I look at this dish.
Easy, creamy but light, spicy (just a hint), vegetables (spinach counts, right?) and major YUM!
This is freaking GOOD.
Skill level – Easy
Shrimp with Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined ( 31-40 per pound)
1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 handful baby spinach
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Toss shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper powder.
2. Add olive oil into a 9-inch skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in a single layer, cook for one minute (without disturbing), turn then over and cook for an additional 30 seconds or until cooked. Transfer shrimp onto a plate.
3. Place pan back on medium heat, add butter and let it melt. Add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring often until translucent. Add heavy cream, chicken stock, sun-dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook until sauce has thickened to your liking, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. (You will need a thicker sauce if serving over pasta)
4. Add spinach, parmesan and shrimp. Cook for a few seconds until spinach is wilted.
5. Serve with crusty bread to mop up all the sauce or serve over cooked fettuccine.
Makes 2 servings
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.