Super quick to put together, only 20 minutes from start to finish! This shrimp with sun dried tomato cream sauce is incredibly delicious and perfect for those busy weeknights.
I love shrimp dinners.
- Always stocked in the freezer
- Thaws quick
- Cooks in no time
- Family favorite
Here is a reader favorite that is updated for you!
That sauce is so good that I often enjoy only a bowl of this delicious dish without any bread<— carb free
Shrimp with sun dried tomato cream sauce is
- Creamy but light
- Hint of spice
- With Veggies (spinach counts, right?)
- Quick for a weeknight dinner
- Leftovers make great lunch
- Great for meal prep
- and major YUM!
This is freaking GOOD.
Let’s get to the process of making this shrimp with sun dried tomato cream sauce:
Step-1 : Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
Step-2 : Cook shrimp in some olive oil, transfer.
Step-3 : Saute onion, garlic and red pepper flakes in some butter
Step-4 : Add heavy cream, chicken stock, drained sun dried tomatoes and Italian seasoning, simmer until slightly thickened.
Step-5 : Add spinach and grated parmesan, let spinach wilt.
Step-6 : Enjoy with crusty bread
More weeknight shrimp recipes :
Instant Pot Thai Curry Soup with Shrimp and Sweet Potato – It is the perfect cozy, comforting soup anytime!!! Loaded with shrimp, spinach and sweet potato, this Instant pot Thai curry soup is quick and easy.
Instant Pot Shrimp Fried Rice – Chinese take-out right in your Instant pot. Packed with chunks of succulent tender shrimp, scrambled eggs, carrots and peas, this Instant pot shrimp fried rice is easier and healthier. Our go to weeknight dinner!
Tuscan Shrimp and Spinach Soup – The best shrimp soup to cozy up this winter! This creamy shrimp soup is amazingly comforting, quick and everyone will beg for seconds.
Shrimp with Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined ( 31-40 per pound)
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Toss shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper powder.
- Add olive oil into a 9-inch skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in a single layer, cook for one minute (without disturbing), turn then over and cook for an additional 30 seconds or until cooked. Transfer shrimp onto a plate.
- Place pan back on medium heat, add butter and let it melt. Add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes (group-2). Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring often until translucent. Add group-3 ingredients and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook until sauce has thickened to your liking, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. (You will need a thicker sauce if serving over pasta)
- Add group-4 ingredients and shrimp. Cook for a few seconds until spinach is wilted.
- Serve shrimp with sun dried tomato sauce with crusty bread to mop up all the sauce or serve over cooked fettuccine.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.