Fluffy Air Fryer Omelette is the easiest way to make your morning eggs! Soft, Cheesy and super customizable with any vegetables, protein or cheese you have on hand.
Air Fryer Omelette
Adding another winner to our huge collection of air fryer recipes - A fluffy cheesy omelette! It is easy, great for breakfast or light dinner, perfect for kids to prepare, customizable, filling and made with regular fridge/pantry ingredients like this zucchini frittata recipe.
There are two favorite methods to make an omelette - The French and American. Both made very similar to each other, but the French omelette is rolled into an oval when compared the American counterpart which is presented in a folded fashion.
Why this recipe works?
There are three techniques that are adopted in making a restaurant quality omelette at home that is soft and fluffy instead of drying out from the hot air blown around it.
- Low temperature - We borrowed the same technique from cooking silky smooth soft scrambled eggs. Eggs are cooked low and slow instead of high heat, which can result in a rubbery or overcooked omelette.
- Dairy - Let me quote Americas test kitchen "The fat in the dairy coats the protein and slows down the coagulation process. The water in the diary provides additional moisture which helps in keeping the eggs tender. The added liquid also provides more steam, which translates into fluffier, lighter eggs".
- Cheese - Melted cheese adds an additional insurance for a creamier omelette.
What to put in an omelette?
This is a basic omelette recipe that is totally customizable with any ingredient that you have around.
- Red onions (finely chopped)
- Bell peppers (chopped)
- Chopped ham
- Cooked crumble bacon
- Chopped leftover cooked chicken
- Finely chopped pan fried asparagus
- Chopped spinach
- Leftover roasted potatoes (chopped)
- Roma tomatoes (deseeded and chopped)
- Sliced or chopped jalapeños
This is just a basic canvas, use your imagination and do what appeals to you for the filling.
What cheese is best in omelettes?
Any melting cheeses like Cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey jack, Goat cheese and Mexican blend are all great options.
Do you add milk to omelette?
Yes! The fat in the milk coats the protein and slows down the coagulation process and the water provides additional moisture which helps in keeping the eggs tender.
What ingredients go well in an omelette?
Chopped onion, bell peppers, jalapeños, ham, bacon, leftover chicken, salmon, shrimp, asparagus, spinach potatoes and tomatoes are all delicious additions.
What size pan to use?
We used Instant vortex 6 quart air fryer and a 6 inch pan which fits comfortably in it. Use any size oven safe cake pan (8-inch, 6-inch, 4-inch or even ramekins) that fits into your air fryer basket will work. Adjust the quantity of eggs and cooking time accordingly.
How long to cook?
This recipe is developed for 3 eggs to be made in a 6-inch cake pan. You can modify the cooking time to make 2 or 4 eggs.
For 2 eggs in a 6-inch pan – Cooking time is about 5 minutes
For 4 eggs in a 6-inch pan – Cooking time is about 7 minutes
- Make Denver omelette - Add green bell pepper, onion, pork sausage, ham, bacon and cheddar cheese. Serve with salsa.
- Thai omelette - Add fish sauce and serve with sriracha and chopped cilantro.
- Garden omelette - Add chopped spinach, onion, bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Mexican omelette - Add chili powder, cumin powder, paprika, garlic powder, chopped onion, green bell pepper, jalapeños and Mexican blend cheese. Serve with avocado and pico de gallo.
- Indian masala omelette - Add chopped onion, jalapeños, tomatoes, cilantro, turmeric powder, cayenne, coriander powder and salt.
- Make Egg Omelette sandwich - Spread mayo between two slices of whole grain/whole wheat/white bread. Place a piece of omelette (cut to the size of bread slice), sliced avocado and tomato slices in between. Serve immediately or pack for school lunch box.
- Top with cooked salmon for a healthy protein packed breakfast.
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Taco seasoning
- Basil or sun dried tomato pesto
- Chili powder
- Chopped tomatoes
- More cheese
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Sautéed spinach
Why did it not turn out fluffy?
There are few reasons for this - Using fewer eggs or a larger pan, cooking at a higher temperature, skipping cheese or overcooking the eggs.
Pro Tips for success
Cheese not only adds deliciousness but also adds creaminess. So, we highly recommend not not skipping.
Types of cheese - Shredded cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey jack, Mexican blend are all great options.
Heavy cream or whole milk - It adds a velvety texture to the omelette and makes it more luxurious.
Number of eggs - This recipe is developed for 3 eggs to be made in a 6-inch cake pan. You can modify the cooking time to make 2 or 4 eggs.
- For 2 eggs in a 6-inch pan - Cooking time is about 5 minutes
- For 4 eggs in a 6-inch pan - Cooking time is about 7 minutes
Eggs - Room temperature or straight out of the fridge
Dairy - Heavy cream or whole milk
Seasonings - Salt and pepper
How to make?
This couldn't be any more easier -
Step-1 : Whisk eggs, milk / heavy cream, salt and pepper, until smooth and stir in shredded cheese. Pour into a greased 6-inch baking pan.
Step-2: Cook in a pre heated 325° F air fryer for about 6 minutes or until just cooked (optionally - sprinkle additional cheese on top about 30 seconds before finishing time).
Enjoy with your favorite toppings!
More Air Fryer Breakfasts to try -
Air Fryer Omelette - Soft & Fluffy
- 3 large eggs
- 1 and ½ tablespoons whole milk or cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup grated cheese cheddar / mozzarella / Monterey jack, divided
- Add eggs, milk (or cream), salt and pepper into a medium bowl and give a good whisk. Stir in about ¼ cup of the grated cheese (save remaining for later use).
- Spray a 6-inch round cake pan with non-stick spray (or brush with room temperature butter) and pour the prepared egg mixture into it.
- Pre heat air fryer to 325°F for 6 minutes. When hot, place the pan into the air fryer basket and cook until set (no longer liquidy). After about 5 ½ minutes, open air fryer basket and sprinkle remaining cheese on top of the omelette and continue cooking until cheese is melted and omelette is cooked. (Please make sure that the omelette is set before topping with cheese).
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool for a minute.
- To remove omelette from pan - Run a rubber spatula or butter knife around the edges of the omelette to loosen from the pan and carefully slide onto a serving plate.
- Enjoy with you favorite toppings!
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on Instagram.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com.