Prep your lunch boxes for the week with this easy cucumber sandwiches. Made with a flavorful minty, lemony butter-mayo mixture and a hint of jalapeño pepper, this cucumber sandwiches meal prep are perfect for school lunch or snack.
Cucumber sandwiches? Yes, really!
Why to reserve this simple sandwich only for special occasions?
Kids love sandwiches but they tend to get bored with same old pb & j.
Time to shake it up. Yet, easy for mothers.
These cucumber sandwiches sure fit the bill and these are
- stores well in the refrigerator
- It has green stuff.. so it is kinda good for ya
This sandwich begins with a yummy minty, lemony butter-mayo :
Mint, cilantro, onion, jalapeño pepper, lemon juice, salt ---> mixed with butter and mayo. Da Flavor BOMB!!
(Hint - forget cucumber sandwich. Dollop this mixture on sliced cucumber for a no-carb appetizer /snack. You are welcome)
How to make cucumber sandwich?
- Mix all herb butter-mayo mixture ingredients together. This can be made ahead and stored for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature for easy spreading)
- Slice cucumber into thin slices
- Spread a thin coating of butter-mayo on one side of each bread slice.
- Spread a thin coating of herb butter-mayo on one side of each bread slice. Place a single layer of cucumber on 4 slices. Close sandwiches with the remaining 4.
- Trim crusts and pack as is or cut into halves/ thirds.
How to meal prep cucumber sandwiches?
Prepare sandwiches, trim off crusts, cut into halves/thirds and place into meal prep containers along with your choice of fruits or veggies.
I choose to add grape tomatoes and apple slices.
Few pointers for cucumber sandwiches meal prep:
- Though white bread is classic, any type of white/brown bread may be used.
- Don't load the cucumbers. Stick to a thin layer for best taste.
- Mayo can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Cucumber Sandwiches Meal Prep
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature (4 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint leaves
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt or depending on your taste
- 8 slices white bread
- ¼ cucumber, cut into fairly thin slices
- baby tomatoes
- apple slices
Make Herb butter-mayo
- Place butter in a medium bowl and stir vigorously with a spoon until soft and smooth. Add all remaining ingredients and stir until combined well.
- Spread a thin coating of herb butter-mayo on one side of each bread slice. Place a single layer of cucumber on 4 slices. Close sandwiches with the remaining 4.Cut crusts off and then into halves or thirds. (HINT for easy cutting: Give the sandwich a gentle press with the palm of your hands before cutting. This helps the cucumber to adhere well to the butter-mayo mixture)
- Place into meal prep containers with baby tomatoes and sliced apples.
- Sandwiches are good in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.