Skip takeout and make this restaurant favorite right in your instant pot! Easy, healthy and flavorful Instant Pot Thai Chickpea and spinach curry is delicious for weeknight dinner or meal prep.
One pot Curry.
One pot Thai curry.
One pot weeknight Thai curry. Always a winner, right?
Better yet, made in my favorite Instant pot.
You guys know how much I love my Instant Pot! Check out more easy Instant pot weeknight dinner ideas.
Why is this Instant Pot Thai Chickpea and Spinach Curry will soon become your favorite?
- Basic pantry and refrigerator ingredients
- Flavor packed
- Fabulous for meal prepping
Let us look at the ingredients that goes into making this One pot Thai red curry:
Canned chickpeas - Always a staple in my pantry! It is cheap, healthy, good source of protein and comes handy in getting quick dinner on the table.
Spinach - Baby spinach is such a lovely addition in many dishes. I tend to pick up a pack every time I visit Costco <--- Tuscan Shrimp and Spinach Soup is one of the most popular recipes around here. If you are into spicy foods then check out this Curried Cashew and Spinach Soup.
Carrot - The humble root that is loaded with nutrition, fiber and most importantly everyone's favorite veggie
Thai red curry paste - My favorite is this curry paste (Not a sponsored post! I truly love this product) <--- SOOOO GOOD!!!
Coconut milk - The staple of Asian cooking! This stuff is so creamy that I substituted coconut milk instead of heavy cream to make this Instant Pot Pasta with Tomato No-Cream Sauce and it tastes fabulous!
Chicken Stock - Adds instant flavor to any dish. You could use water or veggie stock, but I found that chicken stock made the best tasting Thai red curry.
Flavorings - Soy sauce, honey and salt
Let us see how to make this Easy Thai Chickpea curry:
Step-1: Drain, rinse and pat dry a can of chickpeas.
Step-2 : Saute chickpeas and Thai red curry paste for couple of minutes in an Instant Pot.
Step-3: Add carrot and chicken stock and cook on manual for 5 minutes.
Step-4: Release pressure and stir in coconut milk, soy sauce, honey, salt and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted.
Done and DONE!
How to serve Instant Pot Thai Chickpea and Spinach curry?
- with white rice
- cooked rice noodles
- cooked plain spaghetti
- As is, like a curry soup
Instant Pot Thai Chickpea and Spinach Curry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 X 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into very thick slices
- 1 cup chicken stock, refer notes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt, as required
- Heat Instant pot to saute mode. When hot, add vegetable oil and then chickpeas and red curry paste. Saute for about 2 minutes, to toast the curry paste.
- Press cancel, stir in carrot and chicken stock. Close and lock lid ( making sure the valve is set to sealing) and cook on manual for 5 minutes.
- Release pressure as soon as the cooking time is done. Open lid and press saute mode on Instant pot. Stir in coconut milk, spinach, soy sauce, honey and salt. Let curry simmer until spinach is wilted.
- Let curry cool for about 5 minutes to thicken and flavors to mingle.
- Serve Instant Pot Thai Chickpea and Spinach Curry with cooked white rice or rice noodles.
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.