Easy kulfi recipe that is sure going impress your family and friends! We are talking super creamy no-churn kulfi ice cream.
Sweet, cold…super cold, creamy, crunchy and really, REALLY good.
What is kulfi ice cream?
Kulfi is an Indian version of ice cream. It is flavored with saffron, cardamom and sometimes garnished with pistachios. It is usually made be cooking milk for a very long time, until it has reduced until very thick, then sweetened, flavored and frozen until firm.
This easy kulfi recipe is nothing like the traditional method.
But, made to be effortless yet super creamy.
I love this easy kulfi recipe so much. You guys have to try this Mango Kulfi <— Another winner!
No ice cream maker required.
Yet it is so creamy and dreamy.
Why are you gonna love this pistachio kulfi recipe?
- Easy… super easy
- So creamy
- So delicious
- Great make ahead recipe. Summer parties, get togethers…
- Look beautifully golden with red saffron and green pistachios
- Hand held
Craving kulfi for breakfast? Try this Kulfi Overnight Oats <— tastes just like kulfi in the form of oats. A-H-M-A-Z-I-N-G
Let us get to the process of making this easy kulfi recipe:
Step-1: Make saffron cream. Let half the cream come to a boil, stir in saffron and let hang out for a day in the refrigerator (refer picture above)
Step-2: Beat saffron cream and remaining cream, until thick and soft peaks form (refer picture below)
Step-3: Add sweetened condensed milk, pistachios and cardamom powder, beat to combine well (refer pictures above)
Step-4: Pour into your favorite molds and freeze until solid.
Wasn’t that effortless?
Don’t have any moulds? Transfer kulfi mixture into any freezer safe container and freeze until firm. Scoop ice cream into serving bowls.
More Indian dessert recipes :
Mango Kulfi – Creamiest mango kulfi ever!!! Made with fresh mangoes, saffron and cardamom, this mango kulfi recipe is better than any store bought mango ice cream and you do not need an ice cream maker.
Kulfi Overnight Oats – This kulfi overnight oats tastes like Indian kulfi!!!! Saffron, cardamom, pistachios make take simple overnight oats into an exotic breakfast.
Rasmalai Tres Leches Cake – Cardamom scented creamy ricotta whipped cream slathered on a sponge cake that is soaked in saffron infused milk! Rasmalai Tres Leches cake is the ultimate dessert mashup of Indian Rasmalai and Mexican Tres Leches cake.
Rose Milk Cupcakes – Tres leches cupcakes have gone floral for the big day! Sponge cake soaked with an exotic rose-infused milk, topped with whipped cream and a sugared rose petal. Can cupcakes get any fancier?
Easy Kulfi Recipe (easiest and creamiest)
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons raw pistachios, chopped, divided
- Into a small saucepan, add 1 cup heavy cream and saffron. Heat over low-medium heat, until it comes to a gentle boil. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Transfer cream into a covered container and refrigerate until completely cold (at least 5 hours or up to a day).
- Into a large bowl, combine saffron soaked heavy cream and remaining 1 cup heavy cream. Beat with hand held electric beater (on high speed) until thick and softly whipped (when soft peaks begin to form), about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Into the whipped saffron cream, add sweetened condensed milk, cardamom powder and 3 tablespoons chopped pistachios. Whip again for about 30 seconds, until mixed completely.
To make easy Kulfi moulds
- Transfer mixture into popsicle molds or paper cups. Sprinkle remaining chopped pistachios on top, insert popsicle sticks and place in freezer overnight. ( If using paper cups – when ready to eat, snip off a bit of the cup and peel off pop)
To make easy Kulfi ice cream
- Transfer mixture into a freezer safe container, sprinkle remaining chopped pistachios on top. Cover and freeze overnight. To serve, scoop kulfi into serving bowls.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.