Easy Chocolate Kulfi Recipe that is amazingly creamy!!! Made with just 3 ingredients, this kulfi at home is better than anything store bought and you do not need an ice cream maker.
CHOCOLATE KULFI AT HOME
An incredible creamy, Super Easy, No Churn, Perfect to be made ahead for summer parties, barbecues or just an icy cold treat to enjoy any time of the day.
We love kulfi recipes around here! It began with our hugely popular homemade kulfi recipe that we shared a few years ago. You guys have been loving it so much we come up with variations every year and one such delicious twist is this 3 ingredient chocolate ice cream.
What is kulfi?
Kulfi is an Indian ice cream that is made be cooking milk over low heat for a long period, until it has thickened and reduced in volume, sweetened and frozen in small earthen pot molds known an Matki. It is usually much denser than ice cream.
Difference between Kulfi and Ice cream
Kulfi is denser and not whipped, resulting in a denser solid than the creamy custard base which is used to make ice cream. Another main difference is kulfi is usually made without eggs and has no preservatives.
What is chocolate Kulfi ?
It is a fun variation to the traditional recipe! Kids love all things chocolate and this ice cream recipe is gonna become every kid's favorite.
How to freeze kulfi?
Transfer ice cream mixture into any freezer safe container with an air tight seal or popsicle molds. There are various types of molds available online like stainless steel, plastic or paper cups like the ones we used.
Don't have kulfi molds? Transfer whipped kulfi mixture into any freezer safe container, cover and freeze overnight. Scoop with an ice cream scoop (or even a spoon) into serving bowls and enjoy!
The 3 Ingredients
- Heavy cream - Use heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened condensed milk - Also available as Milkmaid in India
- Cocoa powder - Use dutch process cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
(Please note that salt is not counted as an ingredient)
Pro Tips for Success
Heavy cream - Begin with cold heavy cream. Have everything ready before you remove heavy cream from the fridge.
Cocoa powder - A good quality cocoa powder is great for this recipe. Try to use the exact measure or a bit less (if you want less chocolatey flavor).
Mix in chopped dark chocolate/ white chocolate chunks, mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, chopped toasted almonds, peanuts or cashews.
How to make?
It is one of the most easiest recipes that you will ever make. No cooking involved, so it makes a great project for children.
Whip cream - Add cold heavy cream into a large bowl and beat with a hand held electric beater (If you have a stand mixer, then use it with the whisk attachment), until thick and soft peaks form.
Finish no-churn ice cream - Add cocoa powder, sweetened condensed milk and salt (adding in this order, will help the cocoa powder not make make a mess while mixing). Beat until thick and creamy. Freeze!
How long to store?
This is great make ahead homemade dessert. It can be frozen for up to a month if sealed well.
More ice creams recipes to try -
Follow me on INSTAGRAM, TIK TOK, FACEBOOK or PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
3 Ingredient Chocolate Kulfi
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup cocoa powder or slightly less refer notes
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Add heavy cream into a large bowl, beat with a hand held electric beater (on high speed) until thick and softly whipped (when soft peaks form), about 1 ½ minutes.
- Add cocoa powder and then followed by sweetened condensed milk (adding in this order will help the cocoa powder in not making a mess while beating) and salt. Beat for about 30 seconds (begin low and build to high), until mixed completely (scrape the sides of the bowl once during beating).
- To make Chocolate kulfi molds - Transfer mixture into popsicle molds or paper cups. Insert popsicle sticks and place in freezer overnight. ( If using paper cups – when ready to eat, snip off a bit of the cup and peel off pop, refer video)
- To make Chocolate Kulfi Ice Cream - Transfer mixture into a freezer safe container, cover and freeze overnight. To serve, scoop chocolate kulfi into serving bowls.
- Chocolate kulfi is best enjoyed in 1-2 days.
Nutritional information is based on third party calculations, should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types, brands purchased, produce, the way ingredients are processed and more change the nutritional information in any recipe.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on Instagram.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
Kelly @ Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats
I never knew what kulfi was! I always called it no churn ice cream. Love this recipe! Anything chocolate is a winner in my book!