EGGLESS mango mug cake in microwave is packed with one whole mango. It uses a clever technique in concentrating the mango flavor without additional steps. This moist, fluffy mango cake without oven is so so DELICIOUS!!!
Mango love continues.....
A mango cake that is packed with one whole mango!!!! It is not one of those light, mango flavored cakes.
If you are familiar around here then you are aware of my love affair with this golden summer fruit like this mango mousse.
Now, an easy mango cake without oven to add to the collection. It is
- Packed with one whole mango
- Made in microwave
- Uses fresh mangoes
- Tastes incredible
Microwave mango cake recipes usually include blending mango into a puree. But, I wanted a mango cake without oven that does not involve doing more dishes yet pack a WHOLE lot of mango flavor.
Borrowing the idea from our strawberry velvet cupcakes or mango kulfi, where the fruit is cooked first to evaporate most of the liquid, hence adding a concentrated flavor to the end product.
But, an easy mango cake in a mug should not involve additional steps and planning. So, we use a clever technique of cooking chopped mango first in the same mug to evaporate some of the moisture and then stirring the dry ingredients. We used the same technique in apple mug cake recipe.
Eggless mango cake ingredients:
All purpose flour
Flavorings - Cardamom powder and saffron
How to make mango cake in microwave?
1.Cut mango into two halves around the seed. Using, a sharp knife, score each mango halve into small cubes (without cutting through the skin).
2.Using a spoon, scoop out the chopped mango into a measuring cup (do not pack). We will need slightly less than one cup.
3. Transfer chopped mango into a large microwave safe mug. Cook for 2 and ½ minutes, stirring once in between.
4.Stir in room temperature butter (the heat from mangoes will melt butter instantly). Let it cool down for about 30 seconds, while you get all the dry ingredients.
5. Add flour, sugar, coconut, baking powder, cardamom powder, salt and saffron.
6. Give a good stir.
7. Microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds (do not open the door in between). When cooking time is done, open door and let the cake cool for a touch before removing.
Enjoy eggless mango mug cake hot or warm!
Mug cakes are usually delicious enjoyed with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. But, this cake absolutely delicious with pure mango goodness. Save the ice cream for another day:)
Tips and Tricks:
Mango - Select a ripe but firm mango. Over ripe mango will be difficult to cut into small pieces.
Scant cup - We need one cup, but slightly less. Make sure that you don't pack while measuring.
Room temperature butter is recommended. Cold butter reduces the temperature of mangoes drastically and affects the texture in the finished product,
Sugar - Some mangoes tend to be more sweeter than others. Use the guide below :
2 tablespoons sugar for very sweet mango
2 and ½ tablespoons for moderately sweet mango
3 tablespoons for not very sweet mango
Saffron - Saffron gives a more deeper golden color and adds flavor to the eggless mango cake in microwave as well.
Coconut - DO NOT SKIP - Coconut and mango is a classic combo. The coconut adds a little texture and chewiness to this mango mug cake which makes it even more delicious. You can use sweetened / unsweetened shredded coconut or desiccated coconut. Fresh grated coconut does not work well.
Cardamom powder - Freshly ground cardamom powder is HIGHLY recommended. To make homemade cardamom powder, grind some whole green cardamoms in a dry grinder, until powdered fine. Use ½ teaspoon for the recipe and remaining cardamom powder can be frozen in a sealed ziplock and used in other recipes.
This is certainly more of an Indian mango cake recipe! Check out more creative Indian recipes.
More cardamom flavored sweet recipes:
Mango Mug Cake
- 1 scant cup finely chopped mango ripe but slightly firm, about 1 medium to large, refer notes
- 2 tablespoons butter room temperature (salted or unsalted)
- Chop mango into small cubes and measure slightly less than 1 cup (do not pack while measuring). Add into a LARGE microwave safe mug.
- Microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds stirring once in between.
- Remove from microwave and stir in room temperature butter, until butter is melted. Set aside for about 30 seconds (gather all dry ingredients in the mean time).
- Add all dry ingredients and stir well.
- Microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds for wider mug and 20-30 seconds longer for narrower mug (do not open microwave in between). Open the microwave door (do not remove the mug cake) and leave for about 30 seconds (This helps the mug cake not shrink too much).
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.