Bloody, burnt creepy Halloween pizza hand!!! A fun and creative twist to the classic pizza made with homemade or store bought pizza dough is a perfect Halloween dinner idea. No special gadgets required.
Happy almost October!!!
What is Halloween, if ain’t something creepy?
Hiiiii, creepy halloween pizza hands.
Why are you gonna love the Creepy Halloween pizza hand?
- Only 3 ingredients and everything can be store bought
- No special gadgets required
- Kid favorite
- So C-R-E-E-P-Y
This is such fun project to make with kids.
Halloween Skull Linzer Cookies <— Adorable homemade Halloween cookie
Eggless Halloween Cookies <— Bone Shaped
Halloween Clementine Witch and Edible Broomstick <—- another cute Halloween treat
The team players in making this Creepy Halloween Pizza Hand :
Pizza dough – I used this really good Easy Homemade Pizza Dough recipe. If you have a go to pizza dough recipe then go ahead and use that or any store bought pizza dough work too.
Tomato Sauce – Your favorite homemade or store bought tomato sauce, pizza sauce or marinara sauce. Have additional jarred marinara sauce? Try this hugely popular Chicken Parmesan Pasta made in Instant Pot.
Cheese – Mozzarella <— the classic.
Your hands – Yes, you read that right. Instead of using a hand shaped cutter, you trace you hand on card stock or any thick paper ( I just used an empty cereal box). Cut the hand shape and use for the recipe.
A trip to the grocery store is all you need to make this creepy Halloween food idea.
Let us get to the process of making a Halloween dinner recipe:
Step-1: Trace your hand on some card stock (I used empty cheerios box) using a marker or pen and cut it out using sharp scissors.
Step-2: Roll pizza dough on a kitchen counter to about 1/4 -inch thickness.
Step-3: Place cut cardboard hands on top of the dough and cut out hands with very sharp knife making sure the marker or pen print is on the top and not touching the dough. You can re-use paper cut-outs to cut as many as possible. (refer pictures above)
Step-4: Gently transfer cut hands on the prepared baking sheet. Place hands leaving at least 1-2 inches of space in between.
Step-5: Spread tomato sauce on top of the hand, using a small spoon. Sprinkle mozzarella on top. Do not add too much cheese (just the right amount to cover the sauce). Too much cheese will give more of a melted cheese look. Just the right amount of cheese will give the burnt hand look that we are going for.
Step-6: Bake pizza for 9-10 minutes, until it begins to get golden (keep an eye after 8 minutes). Switch oven to broil (do not remove pizza from oven) and cook until top begins to brown (keep a very close watch, it takes just few seconds).
Remove creepy Halloween pizza hand and let cool slightly before serving.
More Halloween themed recipes like this creepy Halloween pizza hand:
Healthy Halloween Mice – No bake, vegan and gluten free healthy Halloween mice tastes like a no bake brownie!!! Made with almond butter, almond flour, maple syrup, cocoa powder and melted chocolate, this healthy Halloween treat is surprisingly easy to make.
Halloween skull chips and salsa – Baked Halloween skull chips and salsa makes a perfect Halloween party food idea for adults and kids. Super fun to make, impressive yet easy Halloween appetizer!
Halloween Clementine Witch and Edible Broomstick – Adorable, cute, fun Halloween clementine witch and edible broomstick will make a unique treat for all your neighborhood trick-or-treaters! Part healthy and part sugary treat is a win-win for both parents and kids. Fun to make and fun to eat Halloween food snack.
Owl grilled cheese sandwiches – Spooktacular grilled cheese!!! Everyone’s favorite grilled cheese turned into a perfect Halloween sandwich.
Creepy Halloween Pizza Hand
- 1 recipe Homemade pizza dough or storebought
- Tomato sauce, as required
- shredded mozzarella cheese, as required
Make paper hand cut outs
- Use card stock or any thick paper (I used an empty cereal box). Place your hand on the card stock, trace around it with a sharpie/ pen. Cut hand out. One cut-out is good enough to make as many pizzas as you like.
Make Halloween pizza Hands
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, with oven rack placed 6-inches from broiler. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, set aside. (Do not use parchment paper on the baking sheet since we will be broiling the pizzas later)
- Roll pizza dough on a kitchen counter to about 1/4 -inch thickness. Place cut cardboard hands on top of the dough and cut out hands with very sharp knife (you can re-use paper cut-outs to cut as many Halloween pizzas as possible).
- Gently transfer cut hands on the prepared baking sheet. Place hands leaving at least 1-2 inches of space in between. (number of hand pizzas depends on the size of hands used).
- Spread tomato sauce on top of the hand, using a small spoon. Sprinkle mozzarella on top (take extra care while working on the fingers, so the sauce and cheese don’t go beyond the dough). Do not add too much cheese (just the right amount to cover the sauce), it gives more of melted cheese look rather than the burnt hand look that we are shooting for.
- Bake pizza for 9-10 minutes, until it begins to get golden (keep an eye after 8 minutes). Switch oven to broil (do not remove pizza from oven) and cook until top begins to brown (keep a very close watch, it takes just few seconds).
- Remove sheet pan from oven and place on a wire rack. Serve hot.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.