Chewy, crisp, salty and not-too-sweet easy 5 minute candied walnuts! Perfect for snacking, holiday gift giving, topped on salads and desserts
The simplest of recipes. It’s so easy, its ridiculous.
This candied walnuts recipe is perfect for your cheese board or over ice cream / pancakes / waffles or with popcorn or over salads or crostini (like these Persimmon, Goat Cheese and Walnut Crostini or just a snack (the best!!!).
Endless possibilities and SO ADDICTIVE.
Spicy Ginger Garlic Pita Chips <—- With fresh ginger, garlic, cilantro, red pepper flakes and turmeric, this homemade garlic pita chips makes a perfect snack anytime.
How to make candied walnuts ?
The recipe could not be any simpler-
- Cook walnuts, brown sugar, water, butter and salt in a non-stick pan, until all moisture evaporates.
- Transfer to a parchment paper and sprinkle more salt on top (you as much or as little you like).
- Let cool completely.
- Done and DONE.
SO easy and so delicious!
I have included step-by-step photos to help you guys make these easy candied nuts recipe;
The ingredients <— Walnuts, brown sugar, water, butter and salt.
Salt and Pepper Cashews – Crispy, crunchy, spicy ….ADDICTIVE!
After 1 minute of cooking over high heat, the sugar melts and gets liquidy.
At the end of 5 minutes, all moisture evaporates and it gets almost dry.
Dump onto a parchment paper (scrape off off the yummy goodness sticking to the pan), spread evenly, sprinkle sea salt and cool completely.
How to package candied nuts?
Wrap them in clear cellophane. Tie a pretty ribbon and you’ve got yourself a delicious (and easy) homemade holiday favor!
Possible ways to enjoy these addictive easy 5 minute candied walnuts:
- Snack —> you can’t stop with one
- Stir into popcorn
- Mix into salads
- Top your ice creams (vanilla ice cream with a drizzle of hot fudge sauce and these candied nuts)
- Top your holiday french toasts, pancakes, waffles,…..
- On these Persimmon, Goat Cheese and Walnut Crostini
- Or in this Bagels with Buttered Cream Cheese and Candied Walnuts meal prep for breakfast / school lunch box.
5 Minute Caramel Walnuts
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar, both packed do not use dark brown
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon + 1 pinch salt
- Place a piece of parchment on a dinner plate (approximately the size of the plate) or any other heat proof plate. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients (except one pinch salt) in a medium non-stick skillet.
- Place skillet over high heat and cook (stirring occasionally) for 5 minutes (stirring constantly in the last minute), until all moisture evaporates and the nuts get darker, glossy and begins to clump together (refer pictures).
- Immediately transfer nuts (scraping any remaining caramel off the pan) on the prepared parchment. Spread the nuts, so that they are in a single layer and sprinkle one pinch salt evenly on top of nuts. Let cool to room temperature and break apart with your fingers.
- Store nuts in a container for several days <– if it lasts that long.
Non stick pan is a must.
You could use a small non-stick skillet, cooking time might take an additional 30-45 seconds.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.