5 minute caramel walnuts are chewy, crisp, salty and not-too-sweet !!! Highly addictive candied walnuts are perfect for snacking, holiday gift giving or even topped on salads.
The simplest of recipes. It’s so easy, it’s ridiculous!
This candied walnuts recipe is perfect for
- Cheese board
- Holiday gift giving
- Topped over ice cream
- Mixed with popcorn
- Crostini (like these Persimmon, Goat Cheese and Walnut Crostini )
Endless possibilities and SO ADDICTIVE.
Spicy Ginger Garlic Pita Chips <—- Another flavorful snacking idea. Made with fresh ginger, garlic, cilantro, red pepper flakes and turmeric, this homemade garlic pita chips makes a perfect snack anytime.
What makes this caramelized walnuts so addictive? It is
Perfect blend of flavors.
Few reader feedbacks:
“Just made three batches for Christmas gifts. Outrageously simple to make, but they taste so good everyone will think I slaved in the kitchen with a candy thermometer. Thank you, Maria, for what is sure to become a holiday tradition for me!”
“These taste wonderful.. munch, munch….. “
Walnuts, Brown sugar, Butter and Salt. Nothing fancy. No complicated techniques!
15 Last Minute Christmas Baking Recipes <—- Cookies, candy, healthy treats and even no bake recipes!
How to make caramel walnuts?
The recipe could not be any simpler-
Cook walnuts, brown sugar, water, butter and salt in a non-stick pan, until all moisture evaporates. Transfer to a parchment paper and sprinkle more salt on top (you as much or as little you like). Let cool completely.
Done and DONE. SO easy and so delicious!
Don’t have a sweet tooth? Salt and Pepper Cashews – Crispy, crunchy, salty …..SPICY
Tips and Tricks in making easy caramel walnuts:
Use a non-stick skillet
Add all ingredients into a cold skillet.
Heat should be always high.
Stir occasionally for the first 5 minutes and constantly during the last one minute.
Cook until no moisture remains.
Packaging instructions for gift giving:
Wrap brown sugar caramel walnuts in clear cellophane. Tie with a pretty ribbon and you’ve got yourself a delicious (and easy) homemade holiday favor!
More holiday snack recipes :
5 Minute Caramel Walnuts
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar, both packed (do not use dark brown)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon + 2 pinches salt
- Place a piece of parchment on a dinner plate (approximately the size of the plate) or any other heat proof plate. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients (except two pinches salt) in a medium non-stick skillet.
- Place skillet over high heat and cook (stirring occasionally) for 5 minutes (stirring constantly in the last minute), until all moisture evaporates and the nuts get darker, glossy and begins to clump together (refer pictures).
- Immediately transfer nuts (scraping any remaining caramel off the pan) on the prepared parchment. Spread the nuts, so that they are in a single layer and sprinkle 2 pinches salt evenly on top of nuts. Let cool to room temperature and break apart with your fingers.
- Store nuts in a container for several days <– if it lasts that long.
Non stick pan is a must.
You could use a small non-stick skillet, cooking time might take an additional 30-45 seconds.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.