Goat Cheese Crostini with Honey topped with juicy ripe persimmon and Candied Walnuts. Sweet, salty, crispy, crunchy and chewy, these make a tasty persimmon appetizer for the holidays.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases through our affiliate link. For more information read our Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Holidays is all about parties and get togethers. I'm always looking for easy appetizer recipes that are crowd pleasing yet effortless. This crostini recipe is so good that I always end up making more <---- Unbelievably good!
Persimmon is one of our favorite fruits to enjoy all season long. It is sweet and delicious and packed with nutrients. We shared a persimmon quick bread recipe a while ago and you guys have a loving it so much, that we wanted to create another recipe using this incredible fruit and also these persimmon muffins.
The pairing of sweet, juicy persimmon along with tangy cheese is so delicious, but we decided to elevate with some caramel walnuts and honey.
Honey Goat Cheese Crostini
There are 4 components
- Salted Honey Butter
- Toasted slices of baguette
- Goat Cheese
- Candies Walnuts
Step-1: Make Candied Walnuts - A simple recipe using brown sugar, butter and walnuts that is made in a skillet in just 5 minutes.
Step-2: Toast baguette slices - Mix salted butter with honey and spread a thin coating on top of all baguette slices. Bake until golden brown.
Step-3: Spread goat cheese on top of toasted baguette, and then top with chopped candied walnuts and sliced persimmon.
Persimmon- Use Fuyu variety. Select ripe ( not too squishy) fruits.
Goat cheese need to be at room temperature. It makes it easier to spread and helps in making the caramel walnuts and persimmon to stay intact.
Salted butter is key - The salt elevates the honey toasted baguette. If you are using unsalted butter, then add ⅛ teaspoon salt to the honey butter. A good quality butter if possible.
You could choose to chop the candied walnuts and sprinkle or leave them whole. (We left them whole for photography purposes)
More recipes using walnuts:
How to make ahead?
Candied walnuts and toasted baguette can be made 1 to 2 days in advance and stored in a sealed container at room temperature.
Assemble walnut cheese crostini just before serving.
More Holiday Appetizer Recipes:
- Loaded Nachos <--- made in Air Fryer
- Lemon Pepper Wings
- Air fryer Garlic Bread
- Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Parmesan Bread Bites
- Spicy Pita Chips
- Shrimp Wonton Rolls
- Parmesan Crackers
Persimmon Goat Cheese Walnut Crostini with Honey
- 1 baguette, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 2 large ripe Fuyu persimmons, peeled and sliced
- 8 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 recipe candied walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F with the oven rack positioned in the middle. Have a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Stir together honey and butter in a medium bowl, until evenly combined. Spread honey-butter on one side of each baguette slice and place (buttered side up) on the prepared baking sheet (in a single layer).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until toasted (golden in the middle and darker around the edges). Keep a close eye during the last couple of minutes, so that it doesn't get burned.
- Place baking sheet on a wire rack to cool completely.Toasted baguette can be made several hours ahead and stored in an air tight container.
- Spread some goat cheese on top of each baguette slice. Top with a few slices of persimmon and candied walnuts ( you can leave the candied walnuts whole or chop them). Serve immediately.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.