This curried cashew spinach soup is light, creamy, spicy and tastes amazing!!
A yummy, spicy healthy spinach soup recipe.
Spinach soup that I have eaten every day this month. It is so amazingly creamy (without any cream) yet light. Thanks to raw cashews.
Flavorful and spicy with cumin, coriander, cayenne and turmeric.
Here’s the thing, I’m not a salad person <– wierdo
I don’t mind munching on a bowl of salad occasionally, but I prefer my veggies in cooked form, not sure why.
This dairy free spinach soup comes together in about 10 minutes (plus cooling time) –
- Toast cumin seeds in oil
- Saute cashews, onion and garlic
- Saute spinach and spices
- Add chicken stock, cook for a minute and let cool
- Blend until creamy
Ladle into bowls and enjoy.
Another yummy soup to consider on a chilly night —-> Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Soup
Curried Cashew Spinach Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 30 raw cashews
- 2 medium handfuls baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder use less if desired
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 x 14.5oz can chicken stock
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt refer notes
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add cumin seeds and let toast. Add ingredients_1, saute for about 2 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add ingredients_2, saute for 1-2 minutes, until spinach is wilted and spices are toasted.
- Add stock and let it come to a boil and continue to cook for 1 minute. Take off heat and let cool. Pour mixture into a blender, add salt (I added 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon salt ), blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into bowls and serve.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.