Light, airy and fluffy pancakes baked in a muffin tin. These baked fluffy pancake cups make breakfast easy and are perfect in school lunch box.
Baked pancakes anyone?
No standing behind hot stove. flipping pancakes. Yessss.
I fell in love with these Perfect fluffy pancakes. Beautiful golden brown pancakes that are perfection!!!
But, it requires cooking one pancake at a time, in very low heat. So I tried to modify the recipe, to make them into an easier oven baked version.
Here is my humble attempt in achieving a baked fluffy pancake cup that is airy and is perfect for soaking up some sweet maple syrup.
Let me guide you through the steps –
- Have 3 bowls ready – Bowl_1 : sifted flour and baking powder
– Bowl_2 : milk + melted butter + egg yolk
– Bowl_3 : egg white beaten to stiff peak
- Whisk milk mixture into bowl_1 and then followed by beaten egg white.
- Pour into greased muffin pan.
There are few important notes in achieving the airiest pancake –
- Sift flour and baking powder together <– it is a must.
- Egg white beaten until just stiff peaks form. Do not over beat.
- Do not over work batter. Whisk until it just comes together.
- Do not over bake. Check at 14 minutes and check again in 30-40 seconds.
Another fabulous baked pancake muffins : Soft and Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes in a Muffin Pan
Baked Fluffy Pancake Cups + Meal Prep
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup standard muffin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift all purpose flour and baking powder together into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In another smaller bowl, stir together warm milk, melted butter and egg yolk, until well combined. Pour into flour mixture and whisk until smooth (just until you don't see any more lumps. Don't over mix). Add beaten egg white ( refer step_7) and whisk gently until thoroughly combined.
- Divide batter into the prepared muffin pan. Bake for 14-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes clean (don't over bake).
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool. Run a butter knife around each pancake to loosen from pan.
- Serve pancakes hot with maple syrup (or) place cooled pancake cups into meal prep containers along with fresh berries and maple syrup.
- To beat egg white - Place egg white in a medium bowl, beat on high with a hand held electric beater until stiff peaks form (don't over beat).
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.