This all purpose Mexican spiced chicken is cooked in a skillet and is delicious in tacos, burritos, quesadillas or salads. Make a batch for easy meals throughout the week.
I’m a huge fan of Mexican anything.
So comforting, SPICY and full of so much flavor.
As with most of our Mexican recipes, chicken takes the centre stage and as Rachel Ray would say it, ’tis cheap and cheerful.
I normally make a batch of this spicy Mexican chicken over the weekend and it is very handy for school /work lunch box or dinner.
This spicy Mexican chicken is so flavorful and delicious.
It could be served plain as part of your family dinner or stuffed in quesadillas, salads, burritos, wraps, tacos or even meal prep with Instant pot cilantro lime rice or Spicy Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice with black beans and corn
Click here for more chicken recipes.
What is Mexican spiced chicken?
It is chicken coated with flavorful blend of Mexican spices and then cooked. You could simply use some store-bought taco seasoning here. But, why would ya when you can make it yourself. Th advantage here is that you get to control the flavors according to your taste – More/less salt, more/less spicy, more/less garlicky,…….
How to make Mexican flavored chicken?
I used my favorite homemade chicken taco seasoning here.
Simply rub some seasoning (as much or as little) onto boneless skinless chicken thighs ( Darker meat equals more flavor and it stays moist. But, you could totally use boneless skinless chicken breasts if that’s what you have on hand). Let it hang out in the fridge for one hour or up to a day. (You could cook it immediately if pressed for time) Cook in a skillet until fully cooked.
Let cool. Slice or chop and use in your favorite recipe.
How do you use Mexican chicken thighs?
- Use ’em in quesadillas —-> Spicy Chicken Ranch Quesadillas
- Serve for dinner with Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice and veggies.
- Chop ’em up stuff into tacos.
- Make a burrito bowl with Cilantro lime rice, guac, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, cheese
- Make burrito. Wrap all burrito bowl ingredients in a large tortilla.
- Make a salad —> all your favorite salad ingredients topped with Mexican spiced chicken and creamy ranch dressing
Click here for more lunch box recipes
More delicious chicken recipes:
Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Soup – Cozy, comforting instant pot creamy tuscan chicken soup that is sure to warm your soul on a chilly night! The best kind of comfort food in a bowl.
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice – Chinese take-out right in your Instant pot. Packed with chunks of tender chicken, scrambled eggs, carrots and peas, this Instant pot chicken fried rice is easier and healthier. No more take-outs!!!
Baked Chicken Meatballs with cauliflower and carrot – Loaded with ground chicken, cauliflower, carrot and mozzarella, these healthyish baked chicken meatballs are tender, soft, flavorful and perfect as is or made into appetizers, sandwiches, spaghetti and much more.
Honey Soy Chicken – So simple yet so amazingly delicious honey soy chicken and green beans stir fry. Enjoy for dinner with white/brown rice or meal prep for the week. Even your picky eaters will gobble these green beans!
Mexican Spiced Chicken for Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas or Salads
- Toss chicken thighs and taco seasoning (use as much or as less you like) in a bowl, until seasoning is evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerator at least one hour (can be stored up to 1 day). If pressed for time, go ahead and cook it right away.
- Heat vegetable oil in medium skillet (Cast iron is a great option) over medium-high heat. Place chicken thighs in a single layer and cook for about 4 minutes, turn over and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cool slightly before slicing or chopping, depending on use.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.