Make restaurant quality Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo right in your Instant pot. The pasta cooks perfectly al dente and is coated with the creamiest Alfredo sauce. This easy Instant pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is cozy and comforting!!
What to cook for dinner tonight?
Sounds familiar? Especially after a long day at work, school, homework, after school activities. Everybody is hungry and mom is exhausted. Just painting a picture of a common scene in my house many a times.
And then, entered this magical appliance called the “Instant pot”. There is almost nothing that this little thing cannot conquer – rice, pasta, quinoa, chicken, beef, pork, boiled eggs and even desserts. Truly magical!! No wonder it is the latest trendy kitchen appliance.
Here are some Instant pot weeknight chicken dinner ideas for you to consider :
Instant pot chicken and kale curry – Everyones favorite chicken curry, but made even easier in an Instant Pot and healthier with kale.
Instant pot BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches – Loaded with tender, succulent pulled chicken and topped off with a cabbage & sweet potato slaw
Instant pot chicken fried rice – Chinese take-out right in your Instant pot. Packed with chunks of tender chicken, scrambled eggs, carrots and peas
Instant pot chicken parmesan pasta – All the flavors of classic chicken parmesan made into a one pot, comforting meal.
How to cook pasta in Instant pot and why is it my favorite method?
There is no dealing with a huge pot of boiling water – We all know how dangerous that is in homes with little children running around the kitchen.
Less clean up – pot, strainer, another pan to cook sauce…. none required. Everything gets cooked in one pot <– fewer dishes for the win.
No stirring. No checking for doneness. No baby sitting – Close it, set the timer and forget it.
Now let us chat about this instant pot chicken fettuccine.
One pot, easiest clean up ever!
That Alfredo sauce tho! So creamy, luscious and so flavorful. YUMMMM.
This recipe has got to be one of my favorite Instant Pot Recipes here. What can I say? I’m a sucker for Fettuccine Alfredo. It is one of my favorite dishes (and both my kids, of course!) to order every time we dine at an Italian place.
What makes this chicken fettuccine alfredo in instant pot recipe a keeper?
- One pot – Instant Pot <—– easy clean up
- Creamy and cheesy
- Easy to make
- Costs so much lesser than dining out
- Excellent for date nights
- Family favorite
How to make instant pot chicken fettuccine alfredo?
- Heat Instant pot to saute. When hot, saute boneless chicken strips in butter and transfer.
- Saute chopped onion and garlic. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Stir in chicken stock, fettuccine (break in half to fit into the pot), salt, pepper and chicken. Stir well, Close and cook for 7 minutes.
- Let it hang out in warm mode for 10 minutes.
- Unplug instant pot, Open lid, stir in grated parmesan and parsley (the sauce will be very liquidy at this point). Cover and let rest for the pasta to absorb all that sauce.
More Instant pot pasta recipes:
Instant Pot No-cream Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce – So creamy, so rich, so amazing yet so much healthier Instant pot no-cream pasta with tomato cream sauce. You will never miss the cream!
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta – All the flavors of classic chicken parmesan made into a one pot, comforting meal.
Instant Pot Gluten Free Pasta Shakshuka – A 20 minute weeknight meal!
Instant Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into thin strips (about 3 thighs)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 and 1/4 cups chicken stock, refer notes (I used 33% less sodium)
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, broken in half
- 1 teaspoon salt (refer notes) or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley ( or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- Heat Instant pot to saute mode.
- When hot, add butter and let it melt. Add sliced chicken strips (try to squeeze in a single layer), cook for 1-2 minutes and then toss them around for another 1-2 minutes, until no longer pink on the outside. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon onto a plate. (If you are cooking in a smaller Instant pot, then cook chicken in 2 batches).
- Add chopped onion and garlic into the pot and saute for 2 minutes, until it gets translucent. Add heavy cream and let it come to a boil.
- Stir in chicken stock, fettuccine (broken in half to fit into the pot), salt, pepper and chicken (along with amy accumulated juices. Stir well to distribute.
- Select manual cooking mode and set for 7 minutes (normal pressure). Make sure the valve is in sealing position. Once cooking time is done, let it be in warm mode for 10 minutes. Release pressure by turning the valve to vent.
- Unplug, open lid, add parmesan and parsley. Stir well. (The sauce will be very liquidy at this point)Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes for the pasta soak up all that sauce.
- Serve into plates garnishing with additional parmesan and parsley, if desired. (If pasta is not served immediately or if the sauce has thickened up too much upon cooling, then just stir in some milk to loosen up).
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.