DIY healthy snack box is so easy to put together and is budget friendly! Packed with fresh fruit, veggie sticks, hummus, cheese, almonds this healthy snack box is great for work, school or just about anytime.
Yay to a brand new year and to our step in channeling our body in the right direction.
That means clean eating. At home, work and school.
Fruits. Vegetables. Nuts. Cheese. Beans <— Can this get any more healthier?
The best part? So colorful… makes you wanna grab a box even if are not in the healthy snacking mood.
And so perfect for kids school lunch box.
Small bites that are nutritious.
This DIY healthy snack box is :
- Balanced (protein, carbs, fruits, veggies, calcium)
- Budget friendly
- No cook
- No bake
- Clean eating
Heres whats happening or what could happen in this healthy snack box-
- Fruits —-> I found these mini Rockit apples from Sprouts and they are just darn cute. If you can’t find these, then use sliced apples (if you are gonna eat right away), oranges (cuties, mandarins), small pear, grapes or berries.
- Veggie sticks —–> Carrots, cucumber, celery, baby carrots, grape tomatoes, radishes, bell pepper strips.
- Hummus —-> Your favorite kind
- Cheese —–> Pepper jack, cheddar, monterey jack, Colby, Babybel, string cheese.
- Almonds —-> Almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios
Pack ’em up and store in the refrigerator for the week.
School lunch box. Light work lunch. Snack after sports. Or just anytime.
DIY Healthy Snack Box
- 3 mini apples ( or apple slices)
- 6 tablespoons hummus
- 1 and 1/2 large carrot peeled and chopped into sticks
- 1 large cucumber, chopped into sticks
- 6 tablespoons raw almonds
- 3 ounces pepper jack cheese or cheddar, Monterey jack, Colby, swiss or 3 string cheese
Divide ingredients into 3 meal prep containers.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.