Another super quick 5 ingredient recipe!!! Instant ramen noodles, bbq sauce, chicken stock, vegetable oil and scallions combine to make the easiest kid friendly bbq ramen noodles that is perfect for school lunch box, snack or quick dinner.
Second post in the 5 ingredient recipe series (salt, pepper and water are not counted as ingredients) – Bbq Ramen Noodles
Who doesn’t love ramen? A college staple for many.
I love creating new variations with ramen noodles trying to leave out the seasoning mixture that comes it. Like this
What makes this ramen noodle recipe a go to?
- Super fast (we are working with ramen noodles after all)
- Only 5 ingredients
- Kid approved
- Quick lunch
- Dinner after a long day at work
More recipes with under 5 ingredients:
The ingredients in this recipe with 5 ingredients:
Ramen noodles ( seasoning packet discarded)
Nothing fancy, all pantry ingredients and scallions, which is optional.
You know that this bbq ramen noodles is gonna be delicious in-spite of the very short ingredient list. Since, we rely on store bought short cuts ( like bbq sauce and chicken stock) to make it easier for us.
How to make an easy meal with ramen noodles?
Step-1: Bring bbq sauce, chicken stock and vegetable oil to a boil.
Step-2: Add ramen noodles ( without the seasoning packet), cook in medium heat until all moisture is evaporated and noodles are cooked (Stir often to distribute noodles).
Step-3: Stir in scallions and enjoy.
Done and DONE.
How easy was that?
Have more bbq sauce? Check out these recipes with bbq sauce:
How to enjoy this ramen noodle recipe?
- Pack for school lunch. It is kid approved recipe, I mean anything that begins with ramen noodles and bbq sauce is gonna be kid favorite. Check out more Lunch Box Recipes
- Make it for family dinner with a salad on the side. Recipes like this is a life saver for busy moms after a long day at work, kids homework, sports,…..the last thing I want to do is spend one or 2 hours in the kitchen. We have a huge collection of family friendly Dinner Recipes
- Just a filling snack.
Can I make a bbq chicken ramen noodles?
Absolutely. Proceed as below-
- Heat the 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in the saute pan. Add diced chicken breast / thighs, stir occasionally over medium heat, until almost cooked.
- Add bbq sauce and chicken stock, let it come to a boil.
- Place ramen noodles, cook, stirring occasionally until the noodles are cooked and moisture has evaporated.
- Stir is scallions.
More easy chicken recipes:
More recipes with 5 ingredients or less:
Instant Pot Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce – 5 ingredient pasta recipe made in instant pot!!! It cannot get easier than this Instant pot pasta with pesto cream sauce. Quick, kid friendly creamy pesto pasta that is fabulous for lunch or weeknight dinner served with steamed or roasted veggies.
The 5-Ingredient homemade Date Nut Bars – Raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and amazingly healthy 5 ingredient homemade date nut bars that are perfect guilt free snacks or a light breakfast.
4-Ingredient Homemade Almond Butter Cups – This Homemade Almond Butter Cups recipe is ridiculously easy to make in your microwave!! A HEALTHYISH homemade treat or snack to make this Halloween season that both adults and kids can enjoy.
No Cook, 4 Ingredient, Raw Almond Bites – Sweet, salty with a touch of chocolate! Packed with almond flavor this easy no cook 4 ingredient raw almond bites is a delicious guilt free treat when the craving hits for something sweet.
The 4 ingredient Guilt Free Chocolate Hummus – This wholesome 4 ingredient guilt free chocolate hummus is made with garbanzo beans, dates, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and sea salt is so delicious served with cinnamon sugar pita chips. Easy, quick and so good for you!
4-ingredient Salsa Chickpeas – Weeknight dinner cannot get easier than this!!! 6-minutes 4-ingredient salsa chickpeas comes together in one skillet and is fabulous served with white rice, avocado, sliced jalapeño peppers and chopped cilantro. Great one for meal prep. Healthy vegan Mexican recipe for the win!
5-Ingredient BBQ Ramen Noodles
- 1 and 1/2 cups chicken stock, I used 33% low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 ( 3 ounces ) package instant ramen noodles (chicken flavor), flavor packets discarded
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Add chicken stock, barbecue sauce and vegetable oil into a medium saute pan and stir well.
- Place pan over medium-high heat and let it come to a boil. Add the ramen noodles, reduce heat to medium and cook until almost all the moisture has evaporated and noodles are cooked (Stir every 2 minutes to breaking the noodles and distribute into the sauce). Sprinkle scallions, stir once and serve.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.