One of the simplest of all pasta recipes that is a perfect for weeknights and is ready in under 15 minutes with just a handful of basic ingredients. Loaded with garlic, this Instant Pot Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is a family favorite. It is simple yet satisfying!!
Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
One of the basic pasta recipes with minimal ingredients – Perfect for these times when we are forced to make recipes with whatever we have around.
If you have been around here, then you know that we make a lot pastas in instant pot. Few of our favorites:
What is spaghetti Aglio E Olio
Originating from Naples, this is a traditional Italian pasta made by sautéing minced garlic in olive oil and stirring in cooked spaghetti, grated parmesan (some Italians might argue that this optional) and parsley with some of the pasta cooking liquid to bring it all together. Aglio e olie literally means olive oil and garlic in italian.
Red pepper flakes is sometimes added and then the dish is titled Spaghetti Aglio, Olio E Peperoncino. So, this is technically instant pot spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino.
What is Instant Pot Spaghetti Aglio E Olio?
Spaghetti E Olio made in instant Pot. Why?
- Easy, one pot
- Less clean up
- Handful of ingredients
- Basic pantry staples
- Ready in 15 minutes
Keeping track of all the easy dinner recipes around here?
How to make Spagetti Aglio E Olio?
- Melt butter and olive oil in instant pot and then add chopped garlic and red pepper flakes.
2. Stir until it begins to get pale golden (not any darker).
3. Add water.
4. Then salt, ground black pepper and dried parsley (skip dried parsley if you have fresh, which then you will toss at the end along with parmesan)
5. Stir everything together, until well combined.
6. Place broken spaghetti on top, slightly immersing into the liquid (trying to seperate them).
7. Cook for 5 minutes and then in warm mode for 4 minutes. Open, stir in grated parmesan. Let hang out for few minutes before serving.
Let us look at the ingredients to make this instant pot spaghetti recipe:
Butter – Unsalted butter. Reduce salt if using salted butter
Olive oil – Good extra virgin olive oil or use whatever is available at home
Garlic – A lot of freshly chopped garlic.
Red pepper flakes – This is optional, or you could reduce it. But, I would highly recommend not skipping since this instant pot aglio e olio gets delicious with some spice.
Spaghetti – Ain’t spaghetti aglio e olio without spaghetti!
Parmesan Cheese – Parmesan adds a salty, nutty flavor.
Fresh or dried parsley – I went with dried parley since that was what I had around.
If using dried parsley, add along with salt and pepper along with water.
If using fresh parsley, add at the end along with parmesan cheese.
Salt and pepper – This dish depends a generous portion of salt and pepper.
What to serve with this spaghetti aglio e olio recipe?
- Roasted broccoli (Toss broccoli with olive oil, salt, pepper, a pinch of red pepper flakes and few crushed garlic. Spread into a single layer in a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425° F, until slightly charred and cooked.
- Soft Garlic Knots with Homemade Pizza Dough
- Buttery, Cheesy, Garlicky Parker House Rolls
- Best Creamy Tomato Soup in Instant Pot
- Healthyish Baked Chicken Meatballs
- No Knead Avocado Dinner Rolls
- Tuscan Shrimp and Spinach Soup
More easy recipes that use very few ingredients like this instant pot spaghetti recipe:
Instant Pot Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 and 1/2 cups water (refer notes)
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt (refer notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- grated parmesan
- red pepper flakes
- chopped fresh parsley
- Set Instant pot to saute mode. When hot, add olive oil and butter and let the butter melt. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until it begins to get pale golden (do not wait for it to get darker in color).
- Press cancel and add water ( refer notes for instant pot size and water measurements), salt, ground black pepper and dried parsley. Give a good stir and the place spaghetti on top. Using a spoon, gently press the spaghetti into the liquid trying to seperate them. This helps in spaghetti not sticking together)
- Close and lock lid (with valve turned to sealing), cook for 5 minutes on manual ( high pressure and normal temperature). Let Instant pot be in warm mode for 4 to 5 minutes (for al dente pasta) or 7-8 minutes (for more softer pasta) . Release pressure, open and stir in grated parmesan. Serve after 5 minutes garnished with more grated parmesan, chopped fresh parsley and red pepper flakes.