Air Fryer Green Beans Recipe is the BEST EVER!! They are amazingly tasty with a crispy parmesan panko topping. A must try recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases through our affiliate link. For more information read our Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Air Fryer Green Beans
You will fall in love with green beans all over again... it's SO GOOD!! The taste and texture is beyond amazing it gets addictive.
Roasted vegetables have always been one of our family's favorite side dish. My favorite part is that they are freshly available all year round and is a power house of nutrients.
Why Is This A Must Try Recipe?
- Amazingly tasty - You will be pleasantly surprised that a vegetable tastes so good.
- Texture - It cooks crisp tender, soft and crunch from parmesan topping.
- Perfect Side dish - Perfect served for weeknight dinner or Thanksgiving feast.
- Healthy - They are a power house of nutrients and fiber.
- Quick and Easy - It cooks in under 10 minutes making it an easy recipe to prepare.
- Perfectly seasoned - A simple but a tasty combination of seasonings.
How To Trim Green Beans?
To prepare, snap off the stem ends (with your hands or cut with a knife) of the bean, pulling off the stringy fibrous thread.
Young beans might not have any of the fibrous thread. The other pointy end is perfectly fine to eat, but you could chop that off if you wish.
Wash them and dry thoroughly with a clean kitchen towel. If there is any excess moisture then it might make them to steam instead of roasting.
When picking fresh ones at the store, the beans should snap off when bent in half and are bright green in color.
Can I Use Frozen Beans?
We recommend using fresh ones for the perfect texture. However, if you want to use frozen vegetables, then rinse them in a colander under running water, until they are almost thawed. Dry with kitchen towel and then proceed with the recipe.
INGREDIENTS (please scroll down to the bottom of the blog post for full recipe)
- Green beans – Fresh green beans are recommended because they have the perfect texture when cooked.
- Olive oil - Extra virgin olive oil.
- Seasonings – Salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Panko - Gives an amazingly crispy topping.
- Parmesan cheese - Use shredded parmesan cheese and not the stuff from green can.
- Place in a single layer - Make sure that the veggies are in a single layer so that they roast instead of steaming.
- Air fryer size - We cooked one pound in a 6 quart Instant Vortex which was just the perfect size for the quantity. If using a smaller appliance, then cook in two batches.
- Cook till Golden Brown - Cook until the topping gets a golden brown color. It makes it crispy and delicious.
- Resting time - Open the basket and let the cooked veggie cool for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy the hot - The topping and beans tends to loose it crispness when it cools. So enjoy them while it's hot.
How to Make (please scroll down to the bottom of the blog post for full recipe)
- Prep - Toss washed and dried green beans with olive oil and seasonings, making sure that the seasoning coats evenly.
- Cook - Air fry at 380° for 4 minutes, give the basket a good shake and spread evenly.
- Top - Sprinkle panko and parmesan coating on top and continue cooking for 4 to 6 minutes until it gets a golden brown color.
How To Store Leftovers?
Place them evenly in a air tight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Make sure to save most of the panko parmesan topping from the basket.
How to Reheat?
Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees. Place beans in a single layer and sprinkle any parmesan breadcrumb mixture on top and cook until it is hot and crisp.
How to Serve?
- This air fryer recipe makes a great side dish with chicken, shrimp, Fish, Pasta, Rice dishes.
- Serve for Thanksgiving dinner along with roasted whole chicken, almond four biscuits, butternut squash halves and parmesan brussels sprouts.
- Some of our favorite main course pairings for dinner:
- Chicken parmesan
- Chicken baked ziti
- Spicy chicken pasta
- Air fryer chicken nuggets or Tilapia
- Butter chicken pasta
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
It is an old wives tale. They don't need to be soaked before cooking. Simply trim, wash and dry them before tossing with the oil and seasoning.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe from Kitchen At Hoskins, please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. And if you took any pictures, be sure to share them on Instagram so I can share them on my stories.
More Air Fried Vegetables to Try:
- 1 pound Green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Wash, pat dry and trim green beans (make sure they are dried well).
2. Toss them with olive oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper, until thoroughly combined.
3. Pre heat air fryer to 380°F for 10 minutes. Place green beans (spreading them out as evenly as possible) and cook for 4 minutes.
4. Open air fryer, shake the basket couple of times (for even cooking), spread them to a single layer. sprinkle panko-parmesan evenly on top and continue cooking for 5 to 8 minutes or the topping gets golden brown in color and green beans around the edges of the basket gets a char.
5. Open basket, let cool for 3 to 5 minutes to continue crisping and then serve. (These are so addictive, don't be surprised if you can't stop eating them before it reaches the dinner table )
1. Add panko breadcrumbs and olive oil into a small bowl and stir well with a spoon or fingertips until thoroughly combined.
2. Stir in parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
Air fryer size - We cooked one pound in a 6 quart Instant Vortex which was just the perfect size for the quantity. If using a smaller appliance, then cook in two batches.
Cook till Golden Brown - Cooking the topping until it gets a golden brown color, makes it crispy and delicious.
Enjoy the hot - The topping and beans tends to loose it crispness when it cools. So enjoy them while it's hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 366mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g
I am not a certified dietician or nutritionist. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculator such as Nutrifox.com.. Although Kitchen at Hoskins attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their fact sources and algorithms. Under no circumstances will Kitchen at Hoskins be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the nutritional information. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com