Crispy Honey Sriracha Chicken is SWEET & SPICY with a touch of sourness!!!! Delicious served with all your Asian rice or noodle dishes.
Today, we are focussing on something delicious.
A super delicious Honey Sriracha Chicken that is Sweet and Spicy with a hint of sourness <--- A perfect balance of flavors BUT WITH MORE SPICINESS.
Because, Spicy is always a good thing!
This recipe is my variation to this Sweet and Spicy sriracha cauliflower and cashews <--- Easier, Healthier and Vegetarian friendly.
It is more like one of those restaurant style chicken dishes that is finger licking good.
The two main steps in the recipe:
- Deep fry chicken
- Stir fry in honey sriracha sauce
Deep fry chicken
Step-1: Stir cut chicken pieces with egg, vegetable oil, salt and pepper.
Step-2: Add cornstarch and flour and toss to coat well.
Step-3: Deep fry chicken in batches, until crispy and golden.
Stir fry in Sauce
Step-1: Add all sauce ingredients (Sriracha, honey, sugar, soy sauce, butter, red pepper flakes and lemon juice) in a skillet and let it come to a gentle boil.
Step-2: Add chicken and toss to coat well.
Finish with chopped scallions.
Chicken thighs: I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs in this recipe since it is almost impossible to overcook. But, boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be substituted.
Spicy -This dish is a bit on the spicy side, but you can reduce the spiciness by skipping/reducing the red pepper flakes. OR you can increase the sweetness a touch. If you are like me and cannot have enough spice, then increase Sriracha.
Oil temperature - Deep frying in a moderately hot oil, might make the chicken overcooked. So make sure that the oil is hot.
Don't overcrowd - Over crowding while deep frying will cool the oil down and result in a longer cooking time, thus resulting in over cooked chicken.
Honey Sriracha Sauce:
It is a combination of sriracha, honey, sugar, soy sauce, butter and red pepper flakes. Just add all ingredients into a pan and bring to a gentle boil before tossing in the chicken.
What to serve with honey sriracha chicken?
Here are some options to served along with this chicken:
- 5 minute egg fried rice
- Instant pot Chicken fried rice
- Garlic butter ramen noodles
- Shrimp fried rice
- Plain white rice
Honey Sriracha Chicken
For the Chicken
- 1 and ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 egg
- 1 + ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil + more for frying
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup all purpose flour
For the Honey Sriracha Sauce
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or less if you like it less spicy
- Chopped scallions
- Add chicken, egg, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil into a medium bowl and stir well, until well combined.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a large wok or deep skillet, until it reaches about 1 to 1 and ½ inches in height. Heat over high heat, until hot (about 375°F)
- In the meantime, add cornstarch and flour to the chicken and toss well, so that every chicken piece is coated with the flour mixture on all sides.
- Deep fry chicken pieces in batches (do not overcrowd the pan), until golden and crisp (3 to 4 minutes). Drain on a paper towel lined platter and repeat process until all chicken is done.
- Add all sauce ingredients into another large frying pan or wok. Place the pan over medium-high heat and cook stirring to dissolve all ingredients and sauce begins to bubble.
- Add chicken and continue stirring, until every chicken piece is coated well with the sauce (the sauce will be mostly evaporated at this point). Remove from heat and garnish with chopped scallions.
Nutritional information is based on third party calculations, should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types, brands purchased, produce, the way ingredients are processed and more change the nutritional information in any recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Kelly @ Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats
The perfect balance of sweet and spicy. Looks delicious and would for sure become a family favorite!