An amazingly healthier version of chocolate muffins! They are perfectly moist, chocolatey, delicious and so decadent. The ultimate whole wheat chocolate avocado muffins.
FUDGY. MOIST. DECADENT.
These are my ultimate favorite chocolate muffin of all time!
No butter. No oil. Only good fats from avocado.
Annnd, satisfies my chocolate craving all day.
With not much guilt.
No one will be able to guess that there is avoacdo.
Are you an avocado addict like I am? Then, here are some more recipes that might interest you – No knead avocado dinner rolls, Avocado naan, baked chicken avocado meatballs, avocado agua fresca, Baked Barbecue Chicken Meatballs
These whole wheat chocolate avocado muffins are easy to make as well. No stand mixers or hand mixers needed.
- You begin by whisking dry ingredients together.
- Melt 3 ounces of chocolate chips in a microwave and then mix in mashed ripe avocado, greek yogurt, egg and vanilla extract.
- Stir in chocolate chips. More the merrier!
- Bake – DO NOT OVER BAKE. Check with a toothpick after 22 -23 minutes, you don’t want any batter attached to it and then remove.
If you have a kitchen scale, then this is a good time to use. Else, you could go with the cup measurements given.
You will also love these Gluten Free Nutella Brownie Muffins <—- SO GOOD!
Whole Wheat Double Chocolate Avocado Muffins
- 5 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips (3/4 cup), divided
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe avocado, about 1 medium
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Place oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line 8 standard muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt).
- In another medium microwavable bowl, add 3 ounces (1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons) chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Remove from microwave and whisk in all wet ingredients. First whisk in mashed avocado until very smooth and then followed by greek yogurt, egg and vanilla extract. Whisk until very smooth. Then add dry flour-sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in remaining 2 ounces (1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon) chocolate chips. Divide batter between the 8 muffin cups.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes clean (Don’t let it over bake).
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.