This Avocado Crema is creamy, spicy, tangy and flavorful. It is perfect in tacos, nachos, quesadillas, fajitas, burritos bowls or just a dip with chips.
One of our favorite sauce recipes. It is creamy, light, refreshing, spicy, tangy and tasty. My favorite part is that it stays green for days unlike a guacamole. It comes together very easily in a food processor.
This is one of those versatile Mexican sauces like this cilantro sauce or yogurt sauce. It is amazing with Mexican chicken or Mexican chickpeas.
Why Is This The Best?
- Incredibly versatile - It is so good served with all Mexican meals, snacks and appetizers. Serve with chicken, shrimp, fish, meat, grilled veggies, tacos, tortillas chips or just about anything.
- Tastes amazing - It is creamy, spicy, tangy, sour and flavorful.
- Stores well - It keeps well in the refrigerator and freezer.
- Stays green for days - Unlike guacamole, this recipe does not discolor when stored.
What Is Avocado Crema?
It is Mexican crema but made flavorful with the addition of avocado, cilantro and jalapeño. The difference is that Mexican crema is white in color and made using heavy cream and buttermilk whereas this recipe is bright green, thicker and delicious.
- Avocado - Select a ripe fruit without any dark spots for the best tasting crema.
- Cilantro - Adds freshness and texture.
- Jalapeño - Use one large jalepeno and we did not remove seeds.
- Sour cream - Adds tanginess and creaminess.
- Mayonnaise - Makes it tasty.
- Lemon juice - Use freshly squeezed and do not sub with lime juice.
- Don't blend very smooth - It tastes best when there is some texture.
- Use greek yogurt - Replace sour cream with plain greek yogurt for a healthier dip.
- Garlic - Add a garlic clove along with the ingredients.
How To Make?
This is the easiest recipe that you'll make. All you need to do is add all ingredients into a food processor and process until ground.
How To Serve?
- Appetizers or Snacks - Serve as a dip with tortilla chips, potato chips or fresh veggie sticks for your next game day.
- With Tacos - Delicious with buffalo shrimp tacos, air fryer chicken tacos or potato tacos.
- In Burrito Bowls - Makes a tasty topping in chickpea burrito bowls or chicken rice bowls.
- Nachos - Try this recipe instead of avocado in air fryer nachos.
- Quesadillas - Serve as a dipping sauce for chicken quesadillas.
How To Store?
- Refrigerator - Refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
- Freezer - Freeze in an air tight container for up to a month. Let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes! It is made using all gluten free ingredients.
Absolutely! This sauce stays green for a few days when refrigerated unlike guacamole and is also great frozen.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe from Kitchen At Hoskins, please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. And if you took any pictures, be sure to share them on Instagram so I can share them on my stories.
More Avocado Recipes to Try:
- 1 large ripe avocados
- 1 jalapeno pepper (remove seeds for less spicy)
- ½ cup cilantro, lightly packed
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice (do not use lime)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Add all ingredients into a small food processor or small blender. Process until it you can leave tiny specs of cilantro and not super creamy (the texture makes it tasty).
Nutritional information is based on third party calculations, should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types, brands purchased, produce, the way ingredients are processed and more change the nutritional information in any recipe.
Follow me on INSTAGRAM, TIK TOK, FACEBOOK or PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Kelly @ Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats
You are hitting all the flavor notes with this creama Maria!! I would definitely want this ALL over some nachos!
Thank you Kelly:)
Thank you for publishing this wonderful recipe. I've made something very similar for a couple of years, but somehow lost the recipe and the ratios eluded me till I stumbled on your blog. (The only difference is that my recipe included cilantro as well, so if you like cilantro, I highly recommend adding some.) I can't thank you enough for posting this recipe!
I love the cilantro addition, will definitely add next time i make this avocado crema:)
Ok I know this post was from some time ago but I was searching for an avocado jalapeño and crema salsa and this hit all the notes! It was delicious with our grilled veggie tacos tonight. I used Mexican crema and it was all together perfect. Thank you!
So glad to hear hun, Maria