Healthy, easy, quick chickpea burrito bowl meal prep that is nothing short of delicious. An amazing combination of tacos chickpeas ,tangy pico de gallo, sweet corn, shredded cheddar, spicy jalapenos and buttery avocado slices - all piled on a bed of white or brown rice. Vegetarian burrito bowl meal prep for the week or make it for dinner!!!
A vegetarian burrito bowl meal prep!!
Omit cheese <--- Vegan burrito bowl meal prep
Spicy. Tangy. Creamy, Cheesy. Sweet. This chickpea burrito bowl meal prep has it all.
Yummy and I know that you gonna love it. Because, you assemble with whatever or however you want. Totally customizable.
Here's whats in these chickpea burrito bowl meal prep:
- White rice (you can totally use brown)
- Taco chick peas
- Pico de gallo (use store bought or homemade)
- Corn (roasted or any kinda cooked corn will work)
- Cheese (omit if you are vegan)
- Avocado (gotta have)
- Jalapeno ( gotta GOTTA have)
This spicy chickpea bowl comes together real quick:
Step-1: Open a can of chickpeas and saute with onion, garlic and spices. Finish with lime juice and cilantro (you don't need cilantro lime rice!)
Step-2: Layer on top of white or brown rice along with cooked corn, cheese, pico de gallo, avocado, jalapeno and cilantro.
Wasn't that easy?
Why is the best vegetarian burrito bowl?
- Vegan option
- Weeknight dinner
- Meal prepping
To make for meal prep with chickpeas
- Layer rice, taco chickpeas, corn, cheese, jalapeño and cilantro into meal prep containers. Store in fridge.
- Store pico de gallo in small containers (or jello shot cups)
- Have a ripe avocado in the fridge.
- Just before eating - top the pico de gallo and sliced or chopped avocado
Else, store everything separately in the refrigerator and assemble before eating the chickpea meal prep recipe.
How to make vegan burrito bowl meal prep?
Omit cheese and you have yourself a delicious vegan burrito bowl.
More recipes with chickpeas like this chickpea burrito bowl meal prep:
Chickpea Taco Meal Prep Bowls
- 1 teaspoon each chili powder, coriander powder and paprika
- ½ teaspoon each cumin powder, dried oregano and salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 x 15.5 ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- ½ large ripe avocado, sliced or chopped
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- ½ cup roasted or cooked corn
- ½ cup shredded Mexican or triple cheddar blend cheese
- sliced jalapenos
- chopped cilantro
Make spice mixture
- Stir all spice mixture ingredients together in a small bowl.
Make Taco Chickpeas
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add chickpeas and spice mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes, until spices are toasted well.
- Take off heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro.
To assemble Chickpea taco meal prep bowls (if eating immdiately)
- Divide rice between two bowls and then top with taco chickpeas, avocado, sliced pico de gallo, corn, cheese blend, jalapeños and cilantro.
To assemble Chickpea taco meal prep bowls (if meal prepping)
- Divide rice, taco chickpeas, corn, cheese blend, jalapeños and cilantro between two meal prep containers. Store pico de gallo in seperate small (or jello shot cups) and store separately. Top pico de gallo and avocados just before eating.
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.