BEST Cilantro Lime Rice in Instant Pot! Simple, vibrant, full of flavor, this recipe is a delicious accompaniment to all your Mexican dishes.
Instant pot or pressure cooker is the latest craze and is for a good reason. It cooks in a jiffy and my favorite is the saute function <-- obsessed.
If you like Chipotle’s rice, you will LOVE this easy recipe you can make at home. The Instant Pot cooks rice in a jiffy and it turns out perfect every single time. Lime juice adds tanginess and the oils in the zest adds fragrant flavor.
How do I know that is one of the best cilantro lime rice recipe? Because, it is adapted from Pioneer Woman's Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe. So, you know it's gonna be GOOD.
Cilantro lime rice in instant pot
- Easy clean up
- Great for meal prep
- Freezer friendly
- Base for all Mexican dishes
- Side dish with chicken, fish or shrimp for dinner
- Packed with flavor
Rice - White basmati rice
Onion - Regular white/yellow/red onion
Garlic - Love garlic? You could totally add more
Lime - Both lime zest and lime juice are used
Chicken stock - Secret to a flavorful Mexican lime rice
Cilantro - Ain't cilantro lime rice without cilantro.
Step-1 : Heat instant pot to saute. When hot, saute chopped onion and garlic in vegetable oil.
Step-2: Stir fry rice for few seconds and then followed by chicken stock, lime zest and salt. Cook until done.
Step-3: When done, stir in lime juice and chopped cilantro.
Salt depends on the kind of stock used and your taste preference. I used 33% less sodium chicken stock and used ¾ teaspoon salt.
Use vegetable stock instead.
How to store?
Store leftover rice in an airtight container in refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Freeze for up to 2 months in the freezer. Thaw in the refrigerator and use within a day.
How to serve?
- Base for Chicken Burrito bowl or Chickpea Burrito Bowl.
- As a side dish for Mexican Skillet Chicken or Salsa Chickpeas.
What does it taste like?
Soft textured rice and packed with flavor, it is refreshing, tangy and delicious with anything.
What kind of rice is best?
The most commonly used rice for this dish is long grain white rice. We used Basmati rice. For a little more floral flavor you could use Jasmine rice if you like.
More popular Mexican dinner ideas:
Easy Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice, washed, rinsed and drained well
- 1 cup chicken stock (I used 33% reduced sodium)
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon salt, refer notes
- zest of one lime
- juice of 1 and ½ limes
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Set Instant pot to saute setting. Once hot, add vegetable oil and then onion and garlic. Saute for about 2 minutes, until garlic begins to turn golden.
- Add rice and continue to saute for about 30 seconds. Stir in stock, salt and lime zest. Close, lock lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Select rice setting and let Instant pot do its thing (it took 12 minutes to cook in mine).
- When instant pot beeps, let continue to sit for 4 to 10 minutes (4 minutes for firmer rice and 10 minutes for more softer rice) . Click cancel button and then turn valve to vent and let pressure release. Open lid and stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve hot or warm with your favorite Mexican meal.
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Recipe adapted from Pioneer woman
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.