Not just another boring chicken salad sandwich!!! Leftover Rotisserie chicken is sautéed with spices and then made into a delicious filling to make a really good rotisserie chicken salad sandwich with avocado.
Chicken Salad Sandwich. Made with leftover rotisserie chicken.
But wait!!!! Ain't your classic chicken salad sandwich with some leftover chicken tossed with some mayo, chopped veggies, salt and pepper.
Why is this Rotisserie Chicken Salad Sandwich with avocado really really good?
- Chopped rotisserie chicken is sautéed with some flavorful spices <---- YUMMMM
- Croissant instead of bread
- Mashed avocado. Anything with avocado is got to be good
- Crunchy fresh lettuce
- Convenient for meal prep / lunch / quick & easy dinner
- Kid friendly
Let us chat about the ingredients:
- Rotisserie chicken - How convenient right? I pick up one every time I make a trip to Costco, cost effective and leftovers can be used in endless possibilities. We will need 2 cups of chopped up chicken.
- Spices - Chili powder, paprika, garlic powder. Check out this Spicy Instant Pot Cilantro lime Rice with Black Beans and Corn that uses similar blend of spices.
- Soft buttery Croissants - We are looking for a really good chicken salad sandwich, so croissant was the obvious choice.
- Mashed avocado - Do you love avocado as much as I do? You might also like these Baked Barbecue Chicken Meatballs with Avocado or No Bake Chocolate Avocado Oatmeal Balls.
- Lettuce - Some crisp, fresh, green goodness
- Mayo and onion - the usual suspects
Let us get to the process of making these rotisserie chicken sandwiches :
Step-1 : Chop up leftover rotisserie chicken into small pieces and toss them with spices (refer pictures above). Rotisserie chicken is already salted, so be careful with the salt.
Step-2 : Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a nonstick saute pan. Add mixed chicken and saute over medium-high heat to toast the spices and to have some charred bits (refer pictures above) and let cool completely. Chicken can be prepped up to this point and stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 days.
Step-3 : Stir cooled chicken mixture with mayo and minced red onion. Taste this, really. Ain't delish? Make this next time you wanna make a chicken salad (refer picture below).
Step-4: Make chicken salad sandwiches. Split croissants in half, spread mashed avocado, top with spicy chicken salad and lettuce.
Have you tried this Whole wheat double chocolate avocado muffins or
How to meal prep ultimate chicken salad sandwiches?
Make chicken salad filling, store in covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Store whole ripe avocado, lettuce and croissants separately in the refrigerator.
Assemble sandwiches just before eating or packing for lunch.
More sandwich ideas:
Really Good Rotisserie Chicken Salad Sandwich with Avocado
Rotisserie Chicken Salad Sandwich Filling
- 3 to 4 medium croissants, slit in half
- 1 large ripe avocado mashed
- 2 to 3 leaves of lettuce, torn into pieces
Make Rotisserie Chicken Salad Sandwich Filling
- Add finely chopped rotisserie chicken, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder and salt together in a medium bowl, until spices are thoroughly combined.
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium non-stick saute pan. Add mixed chicken mixture and saute in medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes, until spices are toasted. Remove chicken mixture into the same bowl and cool completely.
- Mix minced onion and mayonnaise to the chicken mixture and stir well.
Make Really Good Rotisserie Chicken Salad Sandwich with Avocado
- Spread mashed avocado onto croissant bottoms. Spoon chicken salad on top of avocado and then followed by lettuce. Close sandwich with croissant tops. Enjoy!
How to meal prep Really Good Rotisserie Chicken Salad Sandwich with Avocado
- Make chicken salad filling and store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Store croissants, avocado and lettuce separately. Assemble sandwiches just before eating. If packing Rotisserie Chicken Salad Sandwich with Avocado for lunch then assemble sandwiches without avocado. Top with avocado just before eating.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.