These baked mangoes are served as is, with sweetened greek yogurt for breakfast or with vanilla ice cream for dessert. Simple, easy, juicy, sweet, crunchy, REALLY GOOD.
Juicy ripe mangoes topped with Honeyed oat-nut streusel, baked.
Hellllo mango season!
Summer is on its way and all those tired from shoveling snow deserve easy summer recipes!
I love this easy mango recipe. It can be an impressive yet easy dessert for your guests or simple breakfast or a snack, just for you.
A great use for mangoes that might be tart or not as sweet. A great mango dessert recipe that I often serve all summer long, ever since I posted here. It’s ridiculously easy and impressive.
You’d want to begin with a sweet, ripe but firm mango (the fruit will soften when baked).
Cut two halves around the pit. Using a sharp pairing knife, score the flesh of mango (without going through the skin). This will help all the honey run through the flesh of mango as it bakes, yummm.
Top with oat-coconut-nut-honey mixture.
Bake until the tops are golden and crisp.
Serve warm or room temperature.
Baked Mangoes with Honey Nut Streusel
To serve (optional)
- Greek yogurt sweetened with honey
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Have a baking pan or any oven safe skillet ready.
- Cut mango into two halves (save seed for snacking).
- Gently score mangoes about 3/4th way into the flesh(without cutting through the skin). Place on the baking pan or skillet, cut side up.
- In a small bowl, combine shredded coconut, chopped nuts, oats, honey, melted coconut oil and salt, until well mixed. Divide mixture evenly over the two mango halves ( Press lightly for the mixture to stay intact).
- Place baking pan in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until deep golden on top. Place pan on a wire rack to cool.
- For snack - Serve mango cups warm or room temperature. For breakfast - Serve mango cups warm or room temperature with greek yogurt sweetened with honey. For dessert - Serve mango cups warm or room temperature with vanilla ice cream.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.