Soft, fluffy no knead dinner rolls with the addition of avocado and these are so much healthier than the traditional rolls. No stand mixer. No kneading. No eggs. Half tablespoon butter (just for finishing)!!
There really is nothing better than homemade rolls.
I LOVE this easy dinner roll recipe. A great addition for your Easter dinner.
For one, it does not require your stand mixer. Dump, mix, rise, shape, rise, bake.
For two, has no oil or butter in the dough.
For three, it’s got avocado.
Most importantly, it’s SOOOO GOOD!! These rolls are amazingly soft when hot. So microwave cold rolls until hot before chowing down.
The first time that I tested these no knead dinner rolls, it was served to a bunch of teens at home and I passed with flying colors!!!
No one would ever guess that these fluffy goodness are made with avocados:)
Let us get to the fine details of the recipe –
- Mix yeast with lukewarm water and sugar and let get frothy
- Stir all ingredients together along with bubbly yeast mixture to get soft but not sticky dough.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Shape into 12 balls and let rise again until doubled.
- finish with a little melted butter.
Key factors in creating the best no knead dinner rolls
- Dough should be soft but not sticky. Adjust flour accordingly.
- Let Rise!!! Do not rush this process. Well risen dough equals softness. Set dough on the warmest spot on your kitchen (near a kitchen window on a bright sunny day) or in the oven during cooler days. Set oven temperature to 170 degrees F (or the lowest that your oven can go to). As soon as the oven begins to heat, let it warm up for 20-30 seconds (don’t let it go to 100 degrees). Turn off oven and place the bowl inside and let rise until doubled. If oven reaches 100 degrees or higher, leave the oven door open for a minute or two to cool down before keeping the dough.
- Do not let the rolls get deep brown. Remove when they are golden.
- Finishing off with butter ensures softer crust.
To make no knead garlic rolls – brush rolls with a mixture of melted salted butter, garlic powder and dried parsley. Sprinkle freshly grated parmesan. YUMMMM.
To make no knead hamburger buns – divide dough into 6 pieces and proceed with recipe.
More Avocado Recipes:
Baked Barbecue Chicken Meatballs with Avocado – Incredible chicken meatballs baked in muffin tin!! Moist, saucy, easy and delicious baked barbecue chicken meatballs with avocado are easy enough for weeknight dinner and great for meal prep.
No Knead Avocado Dinner Rolls
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons lukewarm water, refer notes
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour + additional 4-8 tablespoons if required
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk, refer notes
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe avocado, about 1/2 medium
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
- Place the yeast, lukewarm water and 1/2 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl. Stir, cover and set aside until it froths (about 10 minutes).
- Add remaining sugar, 1 1/2 cups flour, lukewarm milk, mashed avocado, salt and risen yeast mixture into a medium bowl. Mix well with a spoon. Dough should be soft but not sticky. If dough looks sticky then mix in additional flour (you want a soft yet NOT STICKY dough, so mix in additional for as required ans. Switch to your hands and mix dough until well combined. Remember this is a NO KNEAD recipe, so you don't have to knead, mix until you no longer see dry flour).
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel and rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until doubled in size. (Refer notes for instructions on using your oven for rising the dough).
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray (you could use a parchment lined sheet pan instead).
- Lightly grease the counter with non-stick cooking spray, dump dough onto the greased surface and divide into 12 equal pieces (if dough sticks to your hand then lightly grease your hands too).
- Shape each piece into a ball (gently roll dough between the palm of your lightly greased hands to form a loose ball. Do not press). Place all balls in the prepared baking pan, spacing evenly apart.
- Cover pan with a plastic wrap or kitchen towel and let rise for 30-45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Uncover and place baking pan in the middle rack. Bake for 20-24 minutes, until rolls are golden.
- Place pan on a wire rack and immediately brush with melted butter. Serve hot.
- These rolls are best eaten hot. Pop cold rolls in the microwave for a few seconds to re-heat them before serving.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.