Everyones favorite chicken curry, but made even easier in an Instant Pot and healthier with kale. This Instant Pot chicken and kale curry is an ultimate bowl of comfort food with rice or any type of flatbread.
Ain’t a creative recipe!
Simple, authentic, warm, cozy and comforting.
Oh Yesss, it’s made in an instant Pot <—- If you want to make it over stove top then click here – Authentic chicken curry with kale.
So delicious served with –
- white rice, brown rice or cauli rice
- naans, rotis or parathas
- or another Instant Pot yumminess —> Instant Pot Mushroom Coconut Rice Pilaf
How do you make this comforting Instant Pot Chicken and Kale Curry?
- When Instant Pot is hot, toast cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and fennel seeds in vegetable oil.
- Saute onions, garlic and ginger.
- Saute tomato, coriander powder, cayenne powder and turmeric powder, until oil starts to seperate.
- Add cubed chicken, kale, coconut milk, water and salt.
- Serve or pack into lunch boxes.
Curries are one my favorites to meal prep –
- Ideal for making a big batch
- Freezes well
- Great for dinner
- Leftovers make great lunch boxes
- Goes well with almost everything.
I paired this Instant Pot chicken and kale curry with Instant Pot Mushroom Coconut Rice Pilaf.
I know, I so love my Instant Pot and use it almost everyday!
Instant Pot Chicken and Kale Curry
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced or grated
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, chopped, about 1 cup
- 4 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder, depending on your spice level
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped into bite size chunks
- 4 stalks kale, ribs removed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 11/2 to 2 teaspoons salt, divided ( or as per your taste)
- Set Instant Pot to saute, add vegetable oil when hot. Add all whole spices and let toast for few seconds.
- Add all ingredients under Group-1, saute until onions turn translucent, about 4 minutes. Add all ingredients under Group-2, saute until tomatoes are mushy, spices are toasted well and it begins to turn glossy (this is an indication that the spices are toasted well). Make sure you saute every few seconds at this stage, making sure that it does not burn at the bottom.
- Press cancel on Instant pot and stir in all ingredients in Group-3. Set manual for 5 minutes, making sure the valve is set at sealing position. After 5 minutes, let Instant pot be in warm mode for 2-4 minutes. Turn valve to vent and quick release pressure. Check for salt and serve with your favorite side dish or cool and pack into lunch boxes.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.