Hearty, Healthy, filling, vegetarian chickpea taco lettuce wraps are great for lunch, dinner and lunch box. Delicious as salad too.
It all started with this amazing Chickpea Tacos.
- Quick <— uses canned garbanzo beans
- Easy <— about 5-7 minutes on the stovetop
- Great vegetarian option
- So flavorful
I made ’em into Chickpea Taco Meal Prep Bowls and it is such a winner every time.
Just look at these ingredients,
So fresh. So delicious. So good for you.
Heres what goes into my vegetarian taco lettuce wraps-
- Fresh, crisp lettuce cups
- Spicy chickpea tacos
- Sweet corn
- buttery avocado
- tangy sour cream
- sliced jalapeños
Meal prep… totally!
Chickpea tacos are great hot off the skillet or in the refrigerator or frozen (heat in microwave just before serving).
Assemble them as needed.
Or pack into lunch boxes with all ingredients separately or assembled.
If you love such healthy vegetarian recipes then check out – Ridiculously Healthy Carrot Oat Cookies
Chickpea Taco Lettuce wraps
- 1 teaspoon each chili powder, coriander powder and paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon each cumin powder, dried oregano and salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder, or more if you like it spicy
- 2 tablepsoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 x 15.5 ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 6 to 8 lettuce leaves ( Iceberg, Romaine or Iceberg)
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced or chopped
- 3/4 cup salsa, store bought or homemade
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 chopped cilantro
- sliced jalapenos, as required
Make spice mixture
- Stir all spice mixture ingredients together in a small bowl.
Make Taco Chickpeas
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add chickpeas and spice mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes, until spices are toasted well.
- Take off heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro.
Assemble Chickpea Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Spoon few tablespoons of the taco chickpeas into each lettuce cups and top with some avocado, salsa, cheddar, corn, sour cream, cilantro and jalapeños slices (as much as you'd like).
To serve as a salad
- Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces and toss everything together.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.