So creamy, so rich, so amazing yet so much healthier Instant pot pasta with tomato cream sauce made with a secret ingredient. You will never miss the cream!
Creamy, orangish, velvety, luxurious tomato cream sauce.
But, without any cream! The best healthy instant pot pasta recipe
Don’t get me wrong, I truly love creamy pastas like Instant Pot Chicken Fettucino Alfredo <– Perfect date night pasta.
And this cream loaded 😊 Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Soup
I’d love to serve healthier, lighter version on weeknights.
Drum roll, please…..coconut milk!!
Sounds weird? Trust me, no one will ever know. You don’t taste the coconut milk at all and it makes an orange pasta sauce without any cream.
But, if you love coconut milk then here are a few recipes for you to check out:
Here are the team players in this instant pot pasta with tomato cream sauce:
- Penne or any shape that is similar in size so that it’ll be perfectly cooked at the given time.
- Store bought marinara sauce
- No-cream <—- coconut milk
- And the usual suspects – butter, onion, garlic, parmesan, fresh basil, salt and pepper.
And another delicious Instant Pot chicken pasta recipe – Instant Pot Pasta with Chicken Meat Sauce
Dinner Recipes <—– A huge collection of family favorites
How to make creamy tomato pasta in instant pot?
Step-1: Set Instant pot to hot. Saute chopped onion and garlic in some butter.
Step-2: Add penne, marinara sauce, coconut milk, water, salt and pepper. Cook.
Step-3: Finish with parm and basil.
I told ya, easy peasy.
Check you this Instant Pot Shrimp Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce <—- Very similar but with shrimp. Love orange pasta sauce recipes.
This is a play on one of the most popular Instant Pot pasta recipes on Kitchen@Hoskins – Instant pot chicken parmesan pasta.
Make it for dinner and pack leftovers for lunch.
Or, make it in the morning <— Effortless pasta recipe.
Check out this another effortless Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Baked spaghetti and meatball cups or this Butter Chicken Pasta (Indian Chicken Pasta Recipe)
Check out more Instant Pot Recipes
More healthy dinner ideas like this best healthy instant pot pasta recipe:
Instant Pot No-Cream Pasta with Tomato Cream sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic garlic, minced
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 and 1/4 cup marinara sauce, I used Prego (Tomato basil garlic)
- 1 cup coconut milk, I used canned Choakoh coconut milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or as required, refer notes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh basil, to finish
- Set Instant pot to saute setting. When hot, add butter and then chopped onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes, until translucent.
- Press cancel and then add all group-2 ingredients and stir well. Close and lock lid (making sure that valve is set to sealing). Select manual setting (or pressure cooker) for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, let Instant pot in the warm mode for 10 minutes. Turn valve to venting to release pressure. Open lid, stir group-3 ingredients and serve.
- Sauce might look a bit thin as soon as you open lid, but it will thicken in couple of minutes.
- The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools. Just stir some water to loosen it up. Enjoy hot or let cool and pack into meal prep containers with garlic bread on the side (if desired).
- Salt will depend on your taste level and the type of marinara sauce used. I used Prego, tomato basil garlic and used 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Please use only canned coconut milk and not coconut milk beverage. I used Chaokoh canned coconut milk <— shake can well before opening.
- I used 3-quart size Instant pot.
- If you want pasta to be al dente, then cook for 6 minutes and then 10 mins of warm instead.
Recipe loosely adapted from Pioneer Woman’s recipe
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.