This Baked Chicken Burger is moist, juicy and flavorful! Packed with cauliflower and carrot, cheese, mashed avocado and Sriracha mayo, these ground chicken burgers can be made on stove top as well.
Who’s up for a burger?
Really good chicken burger, but healthier……much healthier because they are-
- Lean chicken
- Veggies baked right in the patty
- Mashed avocado for good measure
(Have you guys tried these Healthyish Baked Chicken Meatballs?? This recipe is just the burger version of that.)
A good burger begins with a good patty – A patty that needs to juicy and flavorful. The SECRET here is that these chicken patties are made with grated veggies and cheese along with chicken, which keeps them moist and adds tons of flavor. We all know that cauliflower packs in a lot of moisture and all that cheese keeps the burger moist and delicious.
Why this easy ground chicken burgers is one of our popular dinner rotation ?
- Easy Peasy (Mix all ingredients, shape and bake)
- Freezer friendly ( Store ’em in zip lock bags and thaw at room temperature. Heat in a skillet or microwave or oven).
- Endless possibilities to serve.
- Veggies are sneaked in <— Great. Even for picky eaters
- Easy clean up
- It involves avocado <— my favorite
- Great for lunch boxes too
Burger patty, Sriracha mayo, Toasted bun, Avocado, Lettuce and Tomato <——- standard burger components.
How to make chicken burgers in oven?
Make patty – Mix ground chicken, grated cauliflower, carrot, cheese, egg, panko and seasoning together in a large bowl. Shape them into patties and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 23 minutes or until cooked through.
Make sauce – Mix sriracha sauce and mayonnaise together in a small bowl.
Toast buns – This step is optional – Brush the inside of burger burns of room temperature butter and cook in a skillet (only buttered side), until golden brown.
Assemble burgers – Place sauce, burger patty, mashed avocado, lettuce and tomato in between burger bun and eat.
How to make ground chicken burgers in a skillet?
Make the patty as instructed. Heat one to two tablespoons oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken patties, until deep golden on both sides and cooked through (4-5 minutes per side)
Sauce can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Try not to use ground chicken breast – It is too lean and does not have much flavor.
Grate vegetables in the coarse side of box grater.
Chicken patty can be shaped into meatballs.
Leftover patties can be refrigerated for to 4 days. To reheat, cook in a non-stick skillet, placed over medium heat and cook on both sides, until heated through.
Sauce can be refrigerated for 2 to 3 days.
Frequently asked questions:
Chicken burgers are generally healthy since they are leaner and lower in calories. It is more healthier when the patty is baked in the oven or grilled instead of pan frying.
Chicken burgers are delicious with a variety of toppings, like –
Onion, Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Cheese, Guacamole, Pickles, Salsa, Marinara sauce, BBQ Sauce and Caramelized onions.
The baked chicken burger patty is only 322 calories each. Total calories will depend on the buns used and the additional toppings.
More Recipes with ground chicken:
Baked Chicken Burger with Sneaky Veggies
Baked Chicken Burger Patty
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup grated cauliflower (grated in the coarse side of the box grater)
- 1 cup grated carrot (grated in the coarse side of the box grater)
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese (or Monterey jack )
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 large garlic, finely minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicy)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (more or less depending on your taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 5 burger buns
- 1 large ripe avocado, mashed
- sliced tomatoes
Make Baked Chicken Burger Patty
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well with hands.
- Divide into 5 equal portions and shape into a disc about the diameter of your bun (about 3 1/2 inch). (If using very large buns, then you could make 4 burgers instead of 5)
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and spray a coating of non-stick cooking spray on top.
- Bake for 21-25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool slightly.
Make Sriracha Mayo
- Stir all ingredients together and refrigerate until serving time.
Assemble Baked Chicken Burger with Sneaky Veggies
- Top the bottom of a burger bun with some mashed avocado, top with a chicken patty, Sriracha mayo, tomato slices and lettuce. EAT.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.