This Ground Chicken Stir Fry is incredibly easy to make with all pantry ingredients! A 20 minute dinner recipe made with an irresistible sweet and spicy honey sriracha sauce.
Ground Chicken Stir Fry
Stir fry dinners are always a great quick and easy weeknight dinner idea. Usually made in one skillet, sometimes with added veggies, no stock and less than 20 minutes.
This recipe is about as easy as it gets. It begins with chicken mince, onion, garlic, and pantry staple sauce.
The term "stir fry" means to cook any dish at a very high heat, with constant stirring to prevent burning and in a very few minutes. Vegetables are crisp, tender and meat is flavorful and juicy without being overcooked.
Why is this the best?
- Spicy and Sweet - The sauce is made with both sweet and spicy ingredients so it is the ultimate blend of flavors like sriracha, honey, sugar, soy sauce, lime … What more could you ask for?
- Made in under 20 minutes - If you have a bag of ground chicken then you are ready to go to make a quick and easy dinner.
- All pantry ingredients - You don't need any special ingredients to make this recipe. It uses basic pantry ingredients making an easy meal.
- Easy to double - You can double or triple the recipe for entertaining or meal prepping.
Chicken Stir Fry Sauce
It’s really what gives the dish so much flavor and pulls the entire meal together. It is a balance of spicy, sweet, tart and salt creating a delectable dish.
The recipes uses simple ingredients that are usually stocked in basic pantry and does not require a trip to the Asian grocery store. The ingredients are -
- Sriracha sauce - Rooster brand
- Honey & Sugar - for a touch of sweetness and balance the spiciness which makes this stir fry universally loved by adults and kids alike.
- Soy Sauce – It’s just not a stir fry without soy sauce!
- Corn Starch – Creates thickness in the sauce when brought to a boil at the end.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes – Optional but adds great flavor and a bit of a kick to the dish in addition to the hot sauce.
Each ingredient plays a crucial role in the sauce so you really don’t want to leave anything out.
What is sriracha?
It is a popular type of hot sauce or chili sauce made from grinding chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, sugar and salt. It has gained popularity all over the world in recent years and is eaten with shrimp, omelettes, burgers, chips or even drinks.
Hot sauce is very tangy and liquidy when compared to sriracha, which is thicker and more concentrated with chilis.
How spicy is this recipe?
It is supposed to have a kick. However, there is lot of sweetness from honey and sugar to balance it out. We will recommend not reducing the sriracha, since the dish get too sweet without all that heat.
What chicken to use?
Choose ground chicken made from whole chicken and not only breasts for good flavor. Ground turkey may be used instead.
Pro tips for Success
Don't cook until dry - The dish is best when it is a little saucy, which makes it perfect to be served with rice.
Make it gluten free - Use coconut aminos or Tamari sauce instead of soy sauce.
How to make?
There’s not much work required, except chopping up a few veggies. Once that’s done, the rest comes together easy! Here’s how to make it.
Make the stir fry sauce - Whisk together sriracha, honey, sugar, cornstarch, red pepper flakes and soy sauce until sugar and cornstarch is dissolved.
Saute the chicken - In a wok or skillet, saute chopped onion and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes. Add mince, cook stirring constantly making sure to break the lumps and meat is no longer pink.
Finish the dish - Add sauce and cook until most of the liquid is evaporated, stir in lime juice and chopped scallions.
What can I serve Asian Stir Fry with?
Serve with your favorite side like white rice, plain fried rice or noodles will all work great. We like to pair with vegetables like broccoli, green beans, tofu in teriyaki sauce or spicy cucumber salad on the side.
How to store leftovers?
What’s great about this recipe is that it makes for such delicious leftovers. Alternatively, you can batch cook this on a Sunday night to eat all week long.
- To store: Let it cool before storing in airtight containers along with cooked white rice. They will keep in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
- To freeze: The entire stir-fry can be frozen for up to 1 month in an airtight container. And yes, you can freeze it with the rice too!
More dinner recipes to try with ground chicken-
Follow me on INSTAGRAM, TIK TOK, FACEBOOK or PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Ground Chicken Stir Fry with Honey Sriracha Sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup chopped onion ½ to ¾ inch dice
- 2 large garlic cloves chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1 lime juiced (or use ½ lemon)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds optional
- Make sauce - Add all sauce ingredients into a medium bowl, stir well until sugar, honey and cornstarch is dissolved.
- Make Stir fry - Heat oil in a large skillet or a wok over medium high heat. Saute chopped onion and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes, until barely translucent. Add chicken and cook stirring continuously, breaking lumps, until chicken is cooked and no longer pink (about 5 minutes).
- Add sauce and cook stirring continuously until most of the liquid is evaporated, about 1 minute (the dish needs to be saucy, so don't cook until dry).
- Stir in lime juice, chopped scallions, sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top and serve with white rice
Nutritional information is based on third party calculations, should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types, brands purchased, produce, the way ingredients are processed and more change the nutritional information in any recipe.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on Instagram.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com.
Leave a Reply