Say hello to your new favorite weeknight pasta recipe! This Instant Pot Shrimp Pasta with tomato cream sauce is easy, creamy, ready in under 30 minutes and tastes amazing. One of the best instant pot shrimp recipe.
This instant pot shrimp pasta with tomato cream sauce is gonna be your new go-to dinner recipe!
You know why? It is an Instant pot version of one of the popular Pioneer woman Pasta with tomato cream sauce with the addition of shrimp. Can’t go wrong with a Ree’s recipe, right? Love all her recipes.
Why is this shrimp pasta recipe really really good?
- All yummy things in here. Pasta. Shrimp. Tomato sauce. Cream.
- Ready in under 30 minutes from start to finish
- Instant Pot <— easiest cleanup
- Shrimp is melt-in-your-mouth tender.
- Uses jarred pasta sauce ( I used Prego)
- Easy peasy
- Complete meal
- Tastes amazing
Love your Instant pot as much as I do? Check out more easy Instant Pot Recipes like this pressure cooker shrimp recipe.
Team players in this BEST INSTANT POT SHRIMP RECIPE:
- Pasta – I tend to often use penne pasta since my children have somehow loved this shape since their young age. Maybe it’s easy to eat with a fork. Instant pot penne pasta recipe is so wonderful because penne works well in all Instant pots, even the 3-quart one (I tend to struggle with longer pastas like fettuccine/ spaghetti at times. Another DELISH instant pot penne pasta —> Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Shrimp – You could use fresh shrimp or thawed frozen ones. Frozen shrimp is such a convenience! I always have them stocked in my freezer. They are so quick to thaw and cooks in no time. I prefer shrimp with tails on for this recipe, since the shrimp is cooked along with the pasta it adds additional flavor. You could totally use shrimp with no tails. The shrimp when cooked in the Instant pot gets so tender like this another Instant pot Shrimp Fried Rice or Garlic Butter Shrimp and Rice in Instant Pot recipe. I totally love shrimp recipe in pressure cooker.
- Marinara sauce – Use your favorite brand. I have always loved Prego, tomato basil and garlic (this is not a sponsored post) and use only that sauce for all my recipes and the flavor is A-H-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Have you heard of pasta pizza? Any leftover pasta with tomato sauce can be made into a delicious Leftover Pasta Pizza
- Heavy Cream – This instant pot pasta with shrimp has one full cup of cream. I know, but it tastes so good guys. But, if you want a guilt free pasta then swap out cream for 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Flavorings – Red pepper flakes, fresh basil, salt and pepper.
Instant Pot Pasta with Chicken Meat Sauce <—– Similar Instant pot pasta recipe made with ground chicken
How to make Instant Pot Shrimp Pasta with tomato Cream sauce?
Step-1: Heat instant pot to sauté. Sauté chopped onion, garlic and red pepper flakes in some butter and olive oil for couple of minutes.
Step-2: Press cancel and add shrimp, pasta, marinara, heavy cream, water, salt and pepper. Stir well.
Step-3: Cook on manual for 5 minutes and then let it be in warm for 5 minutes. Release pressure and stir in chopped basil.
Done and DONE!
Super easy instant pot pasta with shrimp for the win!
How to make a healthier instant pot shrimp pasta with tomato cream sauce?
Replace heavy cream with canned coconut milk. You will be able to hardly notice the difference. Like this vegetarian version —> Instant Pot No-Cream Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce.
Tips and tricks in making the instant pot shrimp recipe:
Sauce – As soon as you release pressure, the tomato cream sauce will be thin. It will thicken as it cools. This happens since the pasta is cooked along with the sauce. Let the pasta cool for a few minutes for sauce to thicken before serving. If sauce has thickened too much for your liking, then just toss few tablespoons of hot water to thin it down.
Shrimp – I like to use shrimp with tails on, since the tails adds more flavor to the pasta. But, you could totally use tailless shrimp, if that is what you have on hand.
Pasta – The pasta cooks a touch tender in the recipe. If you like the pasta al dente, then release pressure as soon as the cook time is done.
More shrimp recipes like this best instant pot shrimp recipe:
Instant Pot Shrimp Fried Rice – Chinese take-out right in your Instant pot. Packed with chunks of succulent tender shrimp, scrambled eggs, carrots and peas, this Instant pot shrimp fried rice is easier and healthier. Our go to weeknight dinner!
Shrimp with Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce – Super quick to put together, only 20 minutes from start to finish! This shrimp with sun dried tomato cream sauce is incredibly delicious and perfect for those busy weeknights.
Instant Pot Thai Curry Soup with Shrimp and Sweet Potato – It is the perfect cozy, comforting soup anytime!!! Loaded with shrimp, spinach and sweet potato, this Instant pot Thai curry soup is quick and easy.
Tuscan Shrimp and Spinach Soup – The best shrimp soup to cozy up this winter! This creamy shrimp soup is amazingly comforting, quick and everyone will beg for seconds.
Instant Pot Shrimp Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 or 3 pinches red pepper flakes
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound shrimp, peeled and tails left intact (preferably)
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 and 1/2 cups marinara sauce, I used Prego (tomato, basil and garlic)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste, refer notes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat Instant pot (refer notes for the size) to saute mode. When hot, add butter and olive oil. Stir in group-1 ingredients, saute for about 2 to 3 minutes until translucent.
- Press cancel and add all group-2 ingredients. Stir well, close and lock lid (making sure the valve is turned to sealing).
- Cook on manual for 5 minutes. Let it be in warm mode for additional 5 minutes. When 5 minutes is done, release pressure by turning valve to vent. Open lid and stir in chopped basil. [ To cook al dente pasta, release pressure as soon as the cook time is done]The sauce will be thin at this point. If you prefer saucy pasta, serve after 2-3 minutes. Otherwise, let pasta cool for a few more minutes (without the lid) and the sauce will continue to thicken. If sauce has thickened too much for your liking, then just toss few tablespoons of hot water to thin it down.
Recipe slightly modified from Pioneer Woman’s Pasta with tomato cream sauce
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.