So soft, light and fluffy blueberry pancakes in a muffin pan!!! Fabulous for meal prep or feeding a crowd or if you are just not in the mood for flipping pancakes. These meal prep blueberry pancakes are buttery and uses a secret technique in achieving the perfect Soft-Fluffiness.
How to make best blueberry pancakes?
Blueberry pancakes that are soft, light and super fluffy! Saturday mornings are never complete without a tall stack of these beauties.
Better yet, baked in a muffin pan. Why?
- Less effort than traditional pancakes
- Hand held
- Perfect for meal prep
- Great for brunch
- Make ahead
The team players in the fluffy blueberry pancakes in a muffin tin: The usual suspects
Leavening agents (baking powder and baking soda)
What makes these better than other baked blueberry pancakes? We adopt a secret technique! A technique that makes really good fluffy blueberry pancake in a muffin pan.
Let us get to the process of making these fluffy blueberry pancakes in a muffin pan:
Step-1: Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
Step-2: Mix butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse sand.
Step-3: Whisk together beaten eggs and buttermilk.
Step-4: Mix wet into dry
Step-5: Fold in half the blueberries.
Step-6: Divide into the muffin pan. Top with more blueberries.
Step-7: Bake, cool, eat.
Done and DONE.
Your usual standard pancake procedure with an additional SECRET step.
The secret in making these best baked blueberry pancakes :
We adopt the pastry method of mixing butter into the flour when compared to the traditional method of mixing melted butter along with the wet ingredients. Why? When butter is rubbed into the flour, the fat forms a protective coating around the flour protein which helps in less gluten in the final baked product <--- Tender baked blueberry pancake muffin
Tips and tricks in making a soft and fluffy blueberry pancake in a muffin pan:
Do not over mix - The same rule applies as with all pancake batters. It is better to see tiny pockets of dry flour rather than mixing to make it smooth.
Buttermilk - Buttermilk makes the most tender and flavorful blueberry pancakes. If you are out of buttermilk, then here is a really good method to make your own in a pinch - Mix 1 cup milk and 3 tablespoons of white vinegar or lemon juice. Let it stand for about 10 minutes. Stir before using.
Do not over bake - It takes exactly 18 minutes for my baked blueberry pancakes every time. Since every oven is different, please insert a toothpick in the middle of a pancake muffin to check for doneness after about 17 minutes. The toothpick should come out clean. If you see any wet batter, then check again after 2 more minutes.
Do not use paper liners - Due to high moisture content in blueberries and softness of the blueberry pancake muffins, it tends to stick to the paper liners. So, a well greased muffin pan works well. Gently loosen the edges of the cooled muffin to remove.
How to Meal Prep blueberry pancake muffins:
Make blueberry pancake muffins recipe. Cool completely. Divide desired number of pancakes into meal prep container along with maple syrup in a seperate container and store in refrigerator. Reheat pancake muffins in microwave before eating.
Can BAKED blueberry pancakes in a muffin pan be frozen?
Absolutely! Place cooled pancake muffins in large zip lock bag, seal well and freeze. Thaw to room temperature and reheat in microwave.
Soft and Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes in a muffin pan
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 and ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup blueberries, divided
- maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside ( do not use paper liners - refer notes).
- Add all group-1 ingredients into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add butter and mix with your fingertips, until it looks like coarse sand.
- Whisk eggs in a different bowl and stir in buttermilk. Add the egg-buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and fold with a rubber spatula, until almost combined ( DO NOT OVER MIX).
- Add ½ cup blueberries and fold gently to incorporate. Again,do not over mix. Divide batter into muffin pan. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup blueberries on top.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes clean. DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool. Gently loosen the sides of each muffin with a butter knife to remove pancake muffins. Serve with maple syrup.
To meal prep blueberry pancake muffins
- Let pancake muffins cool completely. Place desired number of muffins in a meal prep container and pack with maple syrup on the side in a seperate jello shot container. Store in refrigerator. Warm muffins in the microwave just before eating.
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.