The tastiest falafel ever!!! Fresh beets, canned garbanzo beans and spices are baked to make the most delicious and healthy baked beet falafel.
The best baked falafel recipe!!!
Slightly crisp exterior with a soft, almost creamy yet light inside. This baked beet falafel is
- Uses canned chickpeas
May be a touch different from the authentic ones. But, really, REALLY TASTY!
Spicy Ginger Garlic Pita Chips <--- With fresh ginger, garlic, cilantro, red pepper flakes and turmeric, this homemade garlic pita chips makes a perfect snack anytime.
Team players in this baked falafel with beets recipe:
Beets : You will need one medium beet. 4.5 ounces by weight gives the right measure to make the tastiest falafel
Chickpeas : We are using canned chickpeas to make an easy, quick falafel instead of having to soak chickpeas overnight.
Flavorings : Red pepper flakes, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, salt, sugar, onion, garlic, cilantro <--- FLAVOR BOMB
All purpose flour : Just couple of tablespoons for binding
Olive oil : For some moistness.
Let us get to the process of making these healthy baked falafels:
Step-1: Peel, chop and one medium beet.
Step-2: Process in the food processor for about 10 seconds.
Step-3: Add canned chickpeas, chopped onion, cilantro, spices, flour and olive oil.
Step-4: Process until coarsely ground.
Step-5: Scoop onto a greased baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Enjoy baked beet falafels hot, warm or at room temperature.
How to serve these delicious baked falafels?
- Just as a healthy snack
- Stuffed into pita pockets with hummus
Tips and tricks in making the best tasting baked falafel :
Right amount of beetroot - I would like to weigh the beet (before peeling) to get the perfect measure of 4.5 ounces.
Don't over process - We need coarsely ground but not smooth. I would recommend sticking to the recipe.
Don't pack - In order to make soft yet light baked falafels, don't try to pack the pack the falafels. Just scoop them onto the baking sheet, smoothing away any rough edges.
More recipes using canned chickpeas:
6-Minutes, 4-ingredient Salsa Chickpeas Weeknight dinner cannot get easier than this!!! 6-minutes 4-ingredient salsa chickpeas comes together in one skillet and is fabulous served with white rice, avocado, sliced jalapeño peppers and chopped cilantro. Great one for meal prep. Healthy vegan Mexican recipe for the win!
Spicy Garbanzo Bean Burger - This spicy garbanzo bean burger is your answer for a quick weeknight dinner! Garbanzo beans and carrot patties with a garam masala spiked sauce is delicious as is, served alongside a salad or as a burger.
Chickpea Taco Meal Prep Bowls - Healthy, easy, quick chickpea taco meal prep bowls that is nothing short of delicious. An amazing combination of tacos chickpeas,tangy pico de gallo, sweet corn, shredded cheddar, spicy jalapenos and creamy avocado slices – all piled on a bed of white or brown rice. Meal prep for the week or make it for dinner!!!
Oven Baked Beet Falafel
- 1 medium beet, peeled and chopped (4.5 ounces by weight)
- 1 x 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- ½ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- ½ cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add chopped beets into the food processor, process for 10 seconds. Now add all remaining ingredients, process for 10 seconds, stop, scrape the sides of the processor and process again for additional 6 seconds (the mixture will be coarsely ground).
- Using a an ice cream scoop, measure 1 scoop of mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing slightly apart (if you do not have an ice cream scoop on hand, then use one-tablespoon measuring spoon and measure slightly heaped mounds onto the baking sheet). Gently smooth any uneven edges (if desired).
- Spray the tops with non-stick cooking spray, place pan in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool. Enjoy falafels hot / warm / room temperature (best eaten hot/warm).
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.